Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ACURA RSX 5SPD BASE(Red)
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that now its warmer my knob is stuck on the highest heat setting..you can turn the knob to the cold setting but only heat comes out..I know the whole unit in the dash is one piece..does anyone have any ideas?
Thankyou

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The unit controls a wire that runs to the front of the firewall and its blue. Follow it to the blend door and have someone move the temp and see if you can see any movement. The motor gears can strip, and I don't know what else, but it can also pop off. It controls the blend door which opens and closes the hot water flowing through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've noticed that now its warmer my knob is stuck on the highest heat setting..you can turn the knob to the cold setting but only heat comes out..I know the whole unit in the dash is one piece..does anyone have any ideas?
Thankyou
its the blower motor resistor under the glove department. I had the same issue a couple weeks ago

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its the blower motor resistor under the glove department. I had the same issue a couple weeks ago
Hello...so what did you have to replace? Were you able to do it yourself? I found a couple acuras in the junkyard and took out the control panel in the dash board, I tried a couple different ones but it didn't matter the heat is stuck on no matter what...thanks for your help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm on a road trip and its annoying driving across the states feeling the heat coming outta my heater even with it turned off...could use help asap like what can I replace myself, like the resistor you were saying....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm on a road trip and its annoying driving across the states feeling the heat coming outta my heater even with it turned off...could use help asap like what can I replace myself, like the resistor you were saying....
Go to page one here and download the free manual. It will show you those parts and a trouble shooting of it as well. There are so many parts that one persons success is anothers waste of money. The actuator to the door that closes off the hot water could also be unhooked or frozen, or the motor that opens closes shot. or the arm that moves it stripped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts