Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I visited my local Acura dealership today and it looks like I'm about 90% close to getting an RSX.

I'd like to get a plan going of mods for it. I'm sort of new to the whole modding so any help would be appreicated. I'm going to be getting a 2004 auto (I know I know, flame me, but I'm sick of sitting in rush hour traffic constantly, even when I just go to the store sometimes traffic is bitch). I wantto gradually get the horsepower up there and money isn't a huge problem.

My friend doesn't have an Acura but reccommended to go this route.

1. Rims and tires (already have some picked out)
2. Cold Air Intake (what brand do you all reccommend, he said DC Sports makes some good shit for my car)
3. Exhaust (again any brand recommendations)
4. Header (brand reccommendations)

Also, is there any other stuff I can do to get my horsepower up there?

Can anybody identy the body kit at the link below? I emailed the owner a couple days ago but no responce
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/540243
I like the side skirts and rear but for bumper I was thinking of doing Cwest and I'm definatly gonna do the cwest hood

If you have any recommendations for a kit, I'm looking for something that will really stand out, kind of like the kits for the Supras and Celicas I've seen. Some of teh kits for the RSX just look kinda plain.

Thanks in advance y'all for any help

·
Registered
26 Posts
cruz818 said:
Well, I visited my local Acura dealership today and it looks like I'm about 90% close to getting an RSX.

I'd like to get a plan going of mods for it. I'm sort of new to the whole modding so any help would be appreicated. I'm going to be getting a 2004 auto (I know I know, flame me, but I'm sick of sitting in rush hour traffic constantly, even when I just go to the store sometimes traffic is bitch). I wantto gradually get the horsepower up there and money isn't a huge problem.

2. Cold Air Intake (what brand do you all reccommend, he said DC Sports makes some good shit for my car)

Also, is there any other stuff I can do to get my horsepower up there?

Can anybody identy the body kit at the link below? I emailed the owner a couple days ago but no responce
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/540243
I like the side skirts and rear but for bumper I was thinking of doing Cwest and I'm definatly gonna do the cwest hood

If you have any recommendations for a kit, I'm looking for something that will really stand out, kind of like the kits for the Supras and Celicas I've seen. Some of teh kits for the RSX just look kinda plain.

Thanks in advance y'all for any help
dude if i were u would buy a wrx, just seems like ur rich :)if not then get cai intake from ingen,exaust, and yea what u had posted. or u could just buy turbo and go from there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
AEM makes good stuff for our car. Auto may not be the best for HP gains but its still fun to mod and give some more power. I love my auto ad don't regret my purchase. Veilside is a 8 piece kit, its gonna be a long project to istall that, considerin its pretty much molded to the car. But welome to the site ad don't be afriad to ask questions ad the search buto does elp a lot as well. Cograts on ur future post.

4,110 Posts
Get the injen CAI and exhuast depends on what you like. You could always get the Type-S catback exhuast if you want to keep it riding at stock volume!! (but want a power increase)

·
Registered
310 Posts
hahaha!, antiturban , that's funny bro. Hey, CRUZ818 don't buy an auto rsx if ur thinking about racing it, buy it because it looks nice. With auto, i'd go for looks. Well maybe a little speed wouldn't be so bad, like intake,racing headers and exhaust with hondata. That would be enough for me. want speed?, get a manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, not looking to really race

or anything. I just fuck around now and then w/ friends, actually more into the looks. Just would like some extra power, maybe get the horsepower to around 200. This will be my everyday car too (kinda).

I'm gonna check out the Turbo kit... should I do that first and then do all the shit like intake, exhaust, and header?

Anybody have an idea of what an estimate is to the highest amount of hp you can mod a 04 RSX base auto?

·
Registered
520 Posts
cruz818 said:
I'm gonna check out the Turbo kit... should I do that first and then do all the shit like intake, exhaust, and header?
um.............if u buy a turbo kit such as greddy then u will not need an intake or header....
Learn about turbos first and what is involved. U cant just slap a turbo kit into your car and expect it to work 100%. Expect plenty of down-time and always keep enough cash on hand to pay everything that will break. Plus the added cost of a new clutch and flywheel.....this is a must if u plan on putting a turbo in a RSX.
ANd if u plan on modding your car....say :wavey: to your warrenty.

·
Registered
873 Posts
cruz818 said:

Listen take it from me, if you want speed and wants to make the car fast, PLEASE I BEG YOU DO NOT GET AN AUTO ! Your gonna simply regret this. If you want to make the car FASTER, the RSX-S is the PLATFORM right for you. But if your getting an AUTO, then simply just go for looks.

As for the turbo option, I dont know how long that will last.

·
Registered
873 Posts
timbo4656 said:
dude if i were u would buy a wrx, just seems like ur rich :)if not then get cai intake from ingen,exaust, and yea what u had posted. or u could just buy turbo and go from there.
if hes simply rich, why not just get a Infinity G35 the car is freaking quick and looks good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is a Veilside

Acuraivtec said:
It looks like a C-West from the front.
Thanks bro. After comparing the pics to the kits on ducky's site it definatly is a veilside.

I just thought of something. My state law requires front display of plates (even though I plan to be out of here by August). Are you able to mount the plate bracket on the front bumper of this kit? As dumb as it sounds my friend used to get stopped regulary when his bracket broke and he was too lazy to fix it right away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.