Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with Kpro apparently we can only change the target AF in closed loop for idling but not for part throttle or cruising..?

I thought changing the target AF under settings in the options menu would change what the o2 aims for under closed loop, and I haven't tested it yet but after doing some reading on here it seems like that's wrong.

Why can we change the closed loop target AF for idling but not for part throttle or cruising?!?!?

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
if you're trying to tune for a non 14.7AF while cruising, u'll have to put the ECU into in open loop.

·
I lurk a lot.
759 Posts
I'm not sure it works on PND ECU's though. If you open up a base calibration you don't get any of those options. Also, I'm using a PND ECU and it still tries to hit 14.7 no matter what I command it to with my cal.

·
k > b
1,010 Posts
I'm not sure it works on PND ECU's though. If you open up a base calibration you don't get any of those options. Also, I'm using a PND ECU and it still tries to hit 14.7 no matter what I command it to with my cal.
yeah idk why it's blocked off on the pnd calibrations.

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
under parameters/advanced you can change closed loop target lambda to whatever u want.
yeah. those tables were exposed a while ago.
Thanks! Haha I changed that too and completely forgot about that when I was reading up on part throttle tuning :bow:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Parameters > Advanced >

set the last column in "Target lambda limit" and "target lambda ECT low" to 15.1

If you are shooting for gas mileage, I personally suggest running open loop...

I am, and I am running 15.75 A/F with advanced timing... Saw an increase of 40 miles a tank and no issues with misfire, knock, high EGT, valve burning or even plug oxidation.

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I already changed those parameters but it still hangs around 14.6 even... And I will run it open loop once I get the time to dial in the part throttle right, this is just for the mean time. What's your timing at in columns 3-6 and from 2000-3500 RPM?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Anyone have try to set the closed loop to high Map value (14+PSI of boost) ?!
Because i want after tune the ECU, run it in closed loop AT 12 Afr target for boost...

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Anyone have try to set the closed loop to high Map value (14+PSI of boost) ?!
Because i want after tune the ECU, run it in closed loop AT 12 Afr target for boost...
You cannot run in closed loop beyond 0psi, nor should you want to. The factory O2 sensor is so unreliable you'd probably melt your pistons in the middle of a pull with your power level and with the o2 correcting like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts