Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey in the clubrsx store and under ecu upgrades>programable which of the three ecu is it that i need to buy if i don't have a hondata ecu at all?
also i read on some of the posts that they bought it from the shop for like $600 or so.
im a big noob to ecu stuff, but thanks in advance

· ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
Ryosuke said:
hey in the clubrsx store and under ecu upgrades>programable which of the three ecu is it that i need to buy if i don't have a hondata ecu at all?
also i read on some of the posts that they bought it from the shop for like $600 or so.
im a big noob to ecu stuff, but thanks in advance
Hondata offers three options:

1) You send in your stock ECU and they will reflash it for you. This will optimize your engine and you will gain power depending on your bolt-ons. With this option, you have no further programming abilities.

2) You send in your stock ECU and Hondata will add a daugther board with a USB port to your ECU. You can then program your ECU via a laptop, load preconfigured calibrations that come with the software, and tune/optimize those configurations.

3) You can buy a new ECU from Hondata that already has the daughterboard and USB port. That way you can set your stock ECU aside in case you want to reinstall it at some later point.

· ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
Ryosuke said:
i see i see
im assuming the 3rd option is quite expensive
but for option 1 and 2 which will give me the most hp? or is it roughly the same?
I don't think anyone has yet posted dynos comparing the Hondata 4 reflash with the stock/CAI calibration maps that come with the K-Pro.

· Registered
22,420 Posts
depends on what you plan to have done. #1 is ~$600 and is optimized for AEM CAI. #2 is $1000 #3 is $1600.

· Registered
22,420 Posts
#2 is a programmable unit and will have a couple of prepackaged programs on a CD. but you'll need to have it tuned to YOUR mods if you want optimal performance.

· Registered
22,420 Posts
well why don't you look yourself. you can download the hondata program. do you know and understand what all of those parameters in the program mean and how they affect your engine? cause I know I don't.

· Registered
22,420 Posts
i think really until you get a race header or cams or something really done to the engine, you won't really get the effect out of a k-pro that'd be worth the money. sure with a reflash you won't see the full power if you have a shorty header and a custom exhaust, but don't think for $400 more for the unit and whatever time on the dyno, you'll see really siginificant gains with the amount of time that you'll have to spend on tuning the thing.

· Registered
22,420 Posts
well that's somtehing you have to decide. where's the balance for you. ppl like me are cheap and don't want to spend money on anything unless i can get a real effect. I'm not going to spend $1000 so that I can get it perfectly tuned to my AEM V2. I'm fine w/ the reflash program that's optimized for AEM CAI. it gives me significant gains and only $600.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.