Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive never driven stickshift before but how do i know if my clutch on my rsx is going out? its starting to make some sqeaky noises and like some wierd friction in diff places as it goes down and up

·
Registered
388 Posts
when your clutch is really going you'll notice the clutch pedal feels different, you have to "ride" the clutch starting from a stop, the clutch "slips" and doesnt grab when shifting, going up hill the car doesnt feel as strong. those are all signs someone else please chime in for more info

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
go to an open road.

put your car in 3rd or 4th gear (about 3K rpm) going whatever speed that would be....

put the gas to the floor.

do the RPM's go up faster than the speed?

Yes: Your clutch is slipping
No: Your paranoid!! :weeeeeeeeee:

Good luck man :thumbsup:

·
Ms. Claudia is a Whore
5,985 Posts
i recently have had the same problem in my 05 (50k miles). its like when i push the clutch half way down, it makes this sound like a spring is being stretched and it feels wierd as hell.

i thought it was about to go, too. didnt feel any slipping or anything tho, so hopefully im just paraniod. lol

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
at a dead stop put your car in 2nd or 3rd gear and let out the clutch without giving it gas. if it dies right away your fine. if it starts going forward your clutch is going.
Whoa?

3rd from a stop....good luck with that on this car without giving it gas...

i'll put my money on the 4th or 5th gear low rpm WOT

·
06 PWP Type-S
1,267 Posts
go to an open road.

put your car in 3rd or 4th gear (about 3K rpm) going whatever speed that would be....

put the gas to the floor.

do the RPM's go up faster than the speed?

Yes: Your clutch is slipping
No: Your paranoid!! :weeeeeeeeee:

Good luck man :thumbsup:
that's a good method, also u can try going 60mph on freeway then floor it, if your RPMs go up and speed doesn't it means it's slipping
btw, I have 105k miles on stock clutch

·
06 PWP Type-S
1,267 Posts
actually, it still seems fine, I just hope it can last 1-2 more years, I don't fell like paying ~$1000 to change it right now

1 - 20 of 25 Posts