Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 RSX-S and the clutch died on me this morning... took it back to the dealership and they quoted 485 for the part and 879 for labor (all in CND). The clutch release needs replacement, flywheel needs to be resurfaced and some disks need to be replaced. I don't have any knowledge about this stuff so yeah. Any recommendations? Buy the clutch from the dealership? Go aftermarket etc?

Thanks

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
After market

Get a Fidenza Flywheel, and Competition clutch stage 4, and a 2001 honda civic clutch master cylinder while your at it

edit: and might as well get a toda racing pressure plate from clubrsx woot
\
whatever you do, stay away from ACT

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dude, $879 CDN just for installing it...you can tell them to shove it up their ass. You can definitely find car shops around that can install it for less than that price.

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
if you want a stock setup you can get the exedy oe clutch that clubrsx sells 200 bucks act prolite flywheel ( makes 5th gear very very fun :) ) thats like 260. that is everything you need call them back and tell them another dealer quoted you for 7 hours of labor. thats what i payed but i had a peace of mind knowing it was getting done right and i had a free loaner car for 2 days

·
Modaholic
511 Posts
How can you tell if you need to replace the flywheel or clutch?
Should they always both be changed at the same time?
Right now my clutch is slipping going up hills.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
dude I have the auto labor guide book, and shop time is listed as 6.7 hours for a clutch job on RSX's. The only thing that doesnt include is flywheel machining, so I'd add another .5 maybe to that.

6.7 hours X 90/hr approx.shop time is= 603 in labour...

and BTW shop times listed in these books are usually higher than actual time.

If I were you I'd find a smaller shop thats reputable, with a shop rate thats closer to 50-60 and save some cash there. Don't pay more than 6.7 labour tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts