Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just driving the car today and it seems like the biting point of the clutch seems higher than normal.

The clutch doesn't slip but the it seems to fully engage nearly at the top of the point of letting go of the pedal fully.

Its a 2003 type s with 120xxxkm. Is the clutch about to go out? Or can the hot weather effect the engagement point of the clutch? (todays been especially hotter than usual)

Thanks.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I was just driving the car today and it seems like the biting point of the clutch seems higher than normal.

The clutch doesn't slip but the it seems to fully engage nearly at the top of the point of letting go of the pedal fully.

Its a 2003 type s with 120xxxkm. Is the clutch about to go out? Or can the hot weather effect the engagement point of the clutch? (todays been especially hotter than usual)

Thanks.
Mine has been doing that too. Mine also has been that way for a few weeks and hasn't changed.

It doesn't mean the clutch is going to die...its just wearing. You will just have to get used to it. I know I did.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
i think you can move a bolt up and down to get it to engage whenever you want.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
or what you can do is do what you want with it and break it in stage, after that, if its still not to your liking, do the bolt idea.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone had trouble with that 12mm bolt!? Its stuck and I think I might have stripped it a little... :noes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lefty loosey righty tighty... But is that in perspective to the bolt or myself? lol it might sound stupid but I got really confused when I was trying to loosen the bolt.

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
Lefty loosey righty tighty... But is that in perspective to the bolt or myself? lol it might sound stupid but I got really confused when I was trying to loosen the bolt.
Right but the bolt back there is backwards. So act like your tightening and it will loosen it up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i had a same problem,it has been like that around last week.mine point are like 8/10,or even 9/10.But i did check it around 3 ways.And i asked a old menchanic guy to test for me,then he drove aroundm,but he said my clutch is fine.I also tried the way that my uncle used to check it.It's like drive on the 2nd gear,while just press the clutch then let it go.If the car jolts alot it mean still have some left,but right now my car doesn't even jolts.So do u guys think i have to get a new clutch?

·
Registered
132 Posts
noob question sorry

noob question can anyone tell me where this bolt is located? i have the same problem and have been saving for a new clutch but if i dont have to buy one that would be alot of relief thx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts