Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow:
I really need to change my clutch. I need to order it soon, but I am really thinking about going with the fly wheel to really get some performance. I have pretty much came up with these final options.

1) Clutch Master FX200 (Stage Two) clutch. They claim it is the smoothest out of all the stages they have available. It is just like the FX100 (Stage) kit, but it has a kevelar speed disc, they claim that it will last 2-3 times longer than the stage one clutch. I have found it for $562 plus shipping.
www.clutchmasters.com
OR

2) Excedy Stage One Clutch Kit. It seems like it would be substantial clutch, it is still an orgaic clutch. I have found it here on clubrsx for $308. But then I would add a fly wheel in there and pay just a little more than I would for the clutchmasters clutch. Also, if any one has any suggestions an a fly wheel to choose.

I would appreciate the feed back. The sooner I order the parts the sooner I can get them installed. By the way acura wanted 650 to install, and this really good shop by me only wants 350. 6 and a half hours.

Alright thanks

Chris

SO CAL

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been told by three shops that is about how long it would take. How long would you say it would take? and how much would you pay just for labor?

·
Registered
200 Posts
It would take 6 hrs if you didnt have a lift, and it was your first time doing it. I'd say a competent mechanic with a lift could do it in under 4 hrs. I would do the install myself and save labor cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts