Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DC5-DSM
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lately my clutch does not have the spring back that it used to have when releasing the pedal, is this an adjustment issue?

Also, I noticed that it is also missing the white grommet that the CMC pushes in when released, what is the purpose of this button? Do I need the grommet?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Normally that piece needs to be there or the car won't start. It tells the motor your clutch is pressed. Guess I've never looked or thought about what made my clutch return.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First replace that rubber grommet with a 10mm bolt and see if the pedal springs back.

If not:
-did your clutch pedal ever making a popping sound and lose pressure when you pressed it in?

If you don't see any leaks around the transmission or under the air box look against the driver side firewall/behind the tire for oil running down. Most likely your clutch master cylinder is bad like mine did. Do not replace with the same part as it will fail again in the same manner. I believe I used one from an EP3 as it's the same part, just without the internal dampener that goes bad.

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Normally that piece needs to be there or the car won't start. It tells the motor your clutch is pressed. Guess I've never looked or thought about what made my clutch return.
If it pushes it when your foot is off the clutch pedal then it is for cruise control. The clutch safety switch is the one that gets activated when the pedal is pushed all the way down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts