Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, about 2 weeks ago I was on a ramp on the highway and dropped into 3rd then when speeding up tried to go into 4th, but it wouldn't go in and was stuck in neutral. So I tried to drop it back into 3rd and was stuck as well. Then it was only able to pop into second, but I was going like 70km/h so I put it back into neutral and really had to rip the living soul out of my shift knob to get it into 4th and 5th. So I finally got home and when going up the driveway I had to do the same into 1st where it was about to stall when I was putting a decent amount of gas into it. Friends have told me my clutch was getting loose back in October, so I feel like the clutch is on the brink of blowing, but just wanted to get other input into what it may be. Just did a tranny fluid change about 2-3 months back. Car has been sitting in the garage ever since. I have seen other threads about possibly a cmc or csc. Please help and let me know what I should take a look at. All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
2002 EBP RSX 5m w/Leather
290 Posts
Clutches wear out and when they do, this is what happens.

When it’s slipping is when you should change it, now you’ll likely need flywheel replaced also.

My last Honda I had since new, I waited too long to replace clutch and I could barely drive it to the mechanic, same problems you’re having, 173K miles, on it though. They said because the clutch was completely worn, the flywheel was damaged and had to be replaced.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had the same thing happen and it was a failing CMC. I've also had the same thing happen when the clutch springs broke on the disc. Both are going to prevent you from being able to get into gear smoothly.
Check if the CMC is working first, check for full movement at the clutch fork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts