Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rice-picker
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
excuse me if i use the wrong terms, so bare with me.

my clutch pedal dropped to the ground and won't come up. The fluid dropped to MIN, so i topped it up and the clutch pedal started gaining some pressure, but soon lost it again. I traced the leak to the Slave cylinder, as the clutch pedal is pushed, fluid squirts out of the rubber boot around the push rod that pushes on the release fork of the transmission.

What's broken and what do i need to replace to get my car working again?

·
I am not perfect...
465 Posts
Yep, if you'll be changing the CMC, make sure you get the Civic one, cause the DC5 CMC have a poor design quality.

If you got money and time replace them both if the CMC have a high mileage on it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yep, if you'll be changing the CMC, make sure you get the Civic one, cause the DC5 CMC have a poor design quality.

If you got money and time replace them both if the CMC have a high mileage on it.
i think i gonna have to change both like u said. since i dont even know whats the problem why my clutch pedal has no pressure. no brake fluid leaks found anywhere, re-bleeded the system no luck, pump clutch pedal by hand 40 times and fluid from reservoir never drain a drop. usually a blown cmc or slave will cause fluid to drain out over time while pumping the clutch pedal.

·
Constant Creepin
85 Posts
btw i believe the civic slave wont fit for rsx but cmc do. correct me if im wrong
No, the rsx slave is fine, plus I don't believe the civic CSC fits ours. What he was referring to was replacing both the master and slave, but not necessarily both with civic parts.

Just swap the slave with an oem rsx, and the civic cmc

·
Registered
998 Posts
not to sound cheap but will other brand aftermarket from napa or autozone em2 cmc do? since em2 cmc are built without that stupid triangle that rsx had

·
I am not perfect...
465 Posts
When I replaced mine I just bought a 40 bucks civic CMC from ebay. Regular cmc should be fine on daily driving. As long as you stay away from the oem DC5 cmc design.

On the other hand, if you go to track occasionally I've heard good reviews on omni cmc, other said it's just an OEM civic cmc with an omni badge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts