Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Clutch Sqeaks!

Tags
clutch sqeaks
487 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Cerpico 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was driving in a HEAVY rain last sat. and havn't been driving the car since today.
Now the clutch sqeaks when i let go of the it slowly.

I did some research and found that there are couple things that i can do.

But i am just wondering does anyone hv the same problem, like..the clutch sqeaks after drove in the heavy rain.
Does it sound right or it could be something else?

Please help, Thanks.

#4 ·
That and it seems a bit sticky. Yep I get the same thing. So I generally dont drive it in the rain but sometimes you gotta do it....

#5 ·
Had this problem before but did not happen after a heavy rain drive. Happened randomly. Try this go under the dash of your car where the clutch pedal is and remove the plastic panel that is black. There should be a turn clip and a push in clip on the upper left side. Once it's removed you can gain access to where the clutch pedal rod goes into the clutch master cylinder. Get some with lithium grease in a spray can. You can get it at your local hardware store. Spray some lube into where the rod goes into the clutch master cylinder and work the lube in by pumping the pedal with your hand and spraying the area where the rod goes into keep doing it until it feels good and goes away. Don’t worry it will take some time. Once you look under there you will see what I’m talking about. If this does not solve the problem one other thing that could be causing the problem, your slave cylinder which is located in a much tighter space in the engine bay. Now I have never had to deal with it but I heard of someone spraying lube on the slave cylinder. Also you need to determine if it is coming from under the dash or the engine bay. Check this thread for some more info: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=501826&highlight=slave+cylinder
You're welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.