Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a made a thread about a week about what turbo should get.. well sc6169E is looking good.. BUT i want ya opinion since i have a CN kit its got to fit on that

heres the deal:
~~want a turbo that will allow me time to hook up
~~ my redline is 7-7.4/5K
~~ would like the power band to be pretty good more than 2krpm's
~~ want something that will out perfrom the turbnetic -60-1hifi
~~ want something that makes good power 10-13-15psi (saw plamerblock numbers a while ago that made 425 at 15psi on the 60-1hifi)

·
Registered
358 Posts
i would stick with one of the other sc series turbos the sc61 even with the smaller 69 trim wheel. i would run with the sc52 makes just as good power but will work better with the powerband of your base model

·
Billy Ball is in effect
7,013 Posts
Im going to be running an sc34 on my turbo k24a2...

I reccommend the SC series too.

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea thats what i'm looking at, but i dunno what size one member had 34 and made 280ish at 10psi

·
boost me!!!!
52 Posts
definetley get a precision turbo.. my buddy just tuned his kit.. he has a sc34 and he had 314 whp at not even 7 psi!!! i was amazed.. i definetly think precision turbos werk the best on k series. plus he had a really good tuner too.. but i duno u only have a base so u woulndt put out those numbers i dont know why u want to go bigger anyway bc bigger turbos spool later and ur redline is only 7.5 the sc61's probably wouldnt even hit full boost till almost 5K.

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you would be suprise at what a base rsx still can do

was this on a civic si or a type s

·
Vendor
1,422 Posts
des0late said:
.. i definetly think precision turbos werk the best on k series.
precision turbos dont only work well on a k series, the are the same as any other turbo on any other motor. The setup will work as well as it was designed to work.

if you want a lot of performance, the Garrett GT series will outperform any SC series. The SC uses old T technology while th eGT series has more modern aerdoynamics on the wheels and a much better and more durable ball bearing center section

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but i'm sure your a base and i know that a gt35r with a s cover will not fit under ther if you have a cn kit

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a turbonetics 60-1 turbo, custom built, that makes more power then Palmerblocks. no damage and in good condition

Asking 500+shipping for it (had it made for 900)

Contact me on k20a K20addict is the sn

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
negative, dont know how it was custom built, but i will never get turbonetics again they are JUNK

·
Vendor
1,422 Posts
Djstorm100 said:
what would you recommond geoff?

honestly, what do you want to do with the car?? IS it going to be a street car, are you going to try to drag race it heavily, do you like road courses, do you like autocross? Do you want to build the internals of the motor?

To be honest, if you just want to go really really fast i would use a GT turbo, either a 30R, 3040R, 35R or 3567R, depending on your answers to the above questions...

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
T3/61 or 67 is what palmerblock is running on his car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.