Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

· konichiwa
810 Posts
I'm not totally sure, but I believe when he says electric cut out, he's saying he can push a button and it switches to opened exhaust...doesn't go through the cat back, just striaght out. Then he can push it again and it's back to normal. It basically just slides back and forth for what you want...at least i've seen this and think that's what he's talking about

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XxThInKxX said:
is that a T3/T4 or a T60-1. i would guess T60 cuz of the torque #'s, but it would be hella cool if a T3/T4 made 313whp on 8lbs :eek: . either way, 8lbs making that much power is insane. enjoy it. :) :driving:
It IS a T3/T4. And 02SilverSiHB is correct, it splits the down pipe into a Y pipe, one goes straight to the catback and the other to the electronic controlled cutout. Once it's 'opened' the exhaust simply exits the shorter way out and when closed it exits out of the cat back.

· Banned
1,261 Posts
showit0ff said:
Well, I finally got my car dynod with the electronic cut out and I'm happy with the results.

All thanks go out to B&T Mot. and Cybernation Mot. :thumbsup:.

- The whole dyno sheet

- 313whp @ 8lbs, open cutout

- 212 ft/lbs of torque
Wow, nice numbers. This is starting to make me think turbo again since the JRSC numbers @11 psi are kind of dissapointing to me. So how much is the new stage 1 setup with the guardian thingy? I dont need an install, Ill be doing that myself :)

· Out on bail
1,125 Posts
showit0ff said:
It IS a T3/T4. And 02SilverSiHB is correct, it splits the down pipe into a Y pipe, one goes straight to the catback and the other to the electronic controlled cutout. Once it's 'opened' the exhaust simply exits the shorter way out and when closed it exits out of the cat back.
holy crap are you serious :eek: . that is insane, i figured the only way you would have such high #'s would be with a T60. that is very sweet man, almost like a new record at only 8 lbs. makes me hope i can get the same as you when all is said and done.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll take a picture of the cutout tommorow when I get a chance. I was only expecting to get 285/90 b/c that's what the turbo was capable of at 8lbs. It was a big jump from my last dyno a couple of months back.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The cutout is welded right where the downpipe bolts on to the stock catback as seen in the pics. As far as making more power only way to really determine that is for someone with a stage 1 go on the same dyno to really determine an firm number.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.