Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here goes...
my friend has a problem, and i was wondering if i could get some help...

He has a base RSX-SS and he has the cybernation stage 1 kit. And when he starts to boost like around 4-5 psi, at around 3-4000rpm the engine goes lean and just cuts his fuel off, to the point where it doesnt want to rev anymore, it almost feels like it misfires. Anyone else ran into any problems like this. (it worked for a while after he got it) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

· Registered
34 Posts
ArcticTypeS2004 said:
here goes...

He has a base RSX-SS and he has the cybernation stage 1 kit. And when he starts to boost like around 4-5 psi, at around 3-4000rpm the engine goes lean and just cuts his fuel off, to the point where it doesnt want to rev anymore, it almost feels like it misfires. Anyone else ran into any problems like this. (it worked for a while after he got it) Any help would be appreciated.

Check for fuel leaks. Pull ground wire off MSD pump. Check the car idles good without this pump running. Blip the throttle, make sure the engine winds and and returns to a normal idle without dieing. If it dies or idles wierd you got a leak, maybe intank. This could be why your going lean. Also check The VAFC settings, something might have gotten jacked up in there.

· Registered
464 Posts
ArcticTypeS2004 said:
here goes...

99% of the time fuel problems are due to a problem with the in-tank fuel setup. You will need to make sure that you have no leaks and that nothing blew off. If it does have a leak it will releave the pressure back into the tank and cause you to go lean.

· Nice!
3,524 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
99% of the time fuel problems are due to a problem with the in-tank fuel setup. You will need to make sure that you have no leaks and that nothing blew off. If it does have a leak it will releave the pressure back into the tank and cause you to go lean.
how much power can the stock pump actually support???

· Registered
464 Posts
TRICKY912 said:
how much power can the stock pump actually support???
If you run the stock pump with the inline pump we supply then it is good up to 500hp. We acually had installed an aftermarket intank pump and had to put back the stock one to get the fuel we needed.

· Nice!
3,524 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
If you run the stock pump with the inline pump we supply then it is good up to 500hp. We acually had installed an aftermarket intank pump and had to put back the stock one to get the fuel we needed.
what after market pump did you use?

· Registered
476 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
Yeah I have the problem. I have checked and re checked everything. The car runs fine with just the rear pump. I took it out looked at it looked fine. The front works well as well. I checked all the wiring that looks good too. I will recheck everything this weekend again.

I talked to Chris from CN about this and we thought of about everything. So idk what it could be? Oh also the car throws a CEL its TPS voltage to high I think. So it could be a wiring problem but nothing got changed since the car worked last.

Actually what happened is I broke my knock sensor and after that happened the car was cutting fuel? I replaced the knock sensor and the cel for it went away but the car still goes lean.

I am going to replace the plug this weekend see what happens.

Any help would be great maybe Lee can help me out. I guess I should just call the shop again. :wavey:

· Banned
585 Posts
hockeysf91 said:
Yeah I have the problem. I have checked and re checked everything. The car runs fine with just the rear pump. I took it out looked at it looked fine. The front works well as well. I checked all the wiring that looks good too. I will recheck everything this weekend again.

I talked to Chris from CN about this and we thought of about everything. So idk what it could be? Oh also the car throws a CEL its TPS voltage to high I think. So it could be a wiring problem but nothing got changed since the car worked last.

Actually what happened is I broke my knock sensor and after that happened the car was cutting fuel? I replaced the knock sensor and the cel for it went away but the car still goes lean.

I am going to replace the plug this weekend see what happens.

Any help would be great maybe Lee can help me out. I guess I should just call the shop again. :wavey:
Are you still running the stock auto tranny setup at 10psi?

· Registered
476 Posts
PasSNuBye said:
Broke your knock sensor?.... do you have that bushing kit from emss or energy ? How much was the knock sensor?
Had energy. But I don’t think that is why it broke; I had blown out shocks and hit a pothole really hard.
It was like 50$.

· Registered
476 Posts
rmh_158 said:
Are you still running the stock auto tranny setup at 10psi?
Yeah it’s been since last summer. But I take it easy on it let go of gas let it shift. :thumbsup: But its not doing to bad but I think 1st will start slipping soon if not all ready a little. :dontknow:

· You really paid for that?
1,564 Posts
I used to get the TPS code all the time. It is a side effect of the AFC II, Do you have the BMII or BMI? Try resetting the ECU by pulling the fuse. My car would never stop in its tracks, but it would lean out when there should have been plenty of fuel.

Other than that, the only thing that would come to mind, is your breaking up. To much fuel in one spot. It kinda causes the motor to bog, in the middle of the RPM range. I used to have this problem at 5000 rpms, where I would have fuel for 12psi when fully spooled, but when I would ride the rpms up, then floor it, I would getting fuel for 12 psi of air, but in reality, the turbo was not spooled at all. Now you just drive around, and learn to spool the turbo with out actually moving any faster.

Good luck!

· Nice!
3,524 Posts
hockeysf91 said:
So any ideas what could be wrong with my car?
I'm curious myself, i'm having the same problems. I'm changing the plugs, putting in a walbro 255 pump and an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. i don't know how our pump is expected to handle a boosted setup with just the help of an inline pump. Maybe if you were just running 5-6 psi of boost, but not anything above that. I know cn's car is doing fine, but i never really trusted that setup. All due respect to cn, their cars are making awsome numbers, but i think the fuel delivery could be better.

· Registered
476 Posts
RSX_Turbo_9psi said:
I used to get the TPS code all the time. It is a side effect of the AFC II, Do you have the BMII or BMI? Try resetting the ECU by pulling the fuse. My car would never stop in its tracks, but it would lean out when there should have been plenty of fuel.

Other than that, the only thing that would come to mind, is your breaking up. To much fuel in one spot. It kinda causes the motor to bog, in the middle of the RPM range. I used to have this problem at 5000 rpms, where I would have fuel for 12psi when fully spooled, but when I would ride the rpms up, then floor it, I would getting fuel for 12 psi of air, but in reality, the turbo was not spooled at all. Now you just drive around, and learn to spool the turbo with out actually moving any faster.

Good luck!
Yeah I know what u are talking about and it’s not that. I have an OBD 2 scanner tool
and I reset shit all kinds of different ways. The funny thing is after u reset it seems to stay rich a little longer. Like I can even boost 1 or 2 gears then lean again like the ECU remembered something and is cutting fuel again.

Yeah I never have been the biggest fan of that systems reliability. However is the only one the can provide enough fuel for up to 30psi and has proven it self to work. I wish I could swap out the rear pump with someone who has a boosted car and see if it works. :(
:wavey:

· Registered
476 Posts
TRICKY912 said:
I'm curious myself, i'm having the same problems. I'm changing the plugs, putting in a walbro 255 pump and an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. i don't know how our pump is expected to handle a boosted setup with just the help of an inline pump. Maybe if you were just running 5-6 psi of boost, but not anything above that. I know cn's car is doing fine, but i never really trusted that setup. All due respect to cn, their cars are making awsome numbers, but i think the fuel delivery could be better.
You’re having the same problem? I wonder if the rear pump just burns out after a while. Tell me how it goes with the fuel pressure regulator and new fuel pump. :wavey:

CN please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Nice!
3,524 Posts
hockeysf91 said:
You’re having the same problem? I wonder if the rear pump just burns out after a while. Tell me how it goes with the fuel pressure regulator and new fuel pump. :wavey:

CN please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no problem, i should post an update on friday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.