Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some research and i am reading the boost forum as if i am studying for a final exam hah..

1) Can the CN1 kit use a electronic boost controller (*APEXi AVC-R)?

2) On a daily driving basis, can the boost be adjust to the lowest so the car will run as least boost as possible? (*that's why i ask question #1 so i don't have to turn the screw on the wastegate)

3) I noticed a lot of ppl are not getting enough traction on the tracks, which LSD did u guys get and improved a great deal of wheel spin.

4) On a daily driving basis, from a stop (*red light for example), when you go, does the car wheel hop often when running boost (*5-7psi or so)

Thanks guys!

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
Did you do much research? Sorry to be mean but I have seen the answers to these questions all over the boost forum. Try looking in the "Official ask Cybernation Question Thread," If you read the whole tread you will get all your answers.

8,021 Posts
joejoe3 said:
I did some research and i am reading the boost forum as if i am studying for a final exam hah..

1) Can the CN1 kit use a electronic boost controller (*APEXi AVC-R)?

2) On a daily driving basis, can the boost be adjust to the lowest so the car will run as least boost as possible? (*that's why i ask question #1 so i don't have to turn the screw on the wastegate)

3) I noticed a lot of ppl are not getting enough traction on the tracks, which LSD did u guys get and improved a great deal of wheel spin.

4) On a daily driving basis, from a stop (*red light for example), when you go, does the car wheel hop often when running boost (*5-7psi or so)

Thanks guys!
1. I had a electronic boost controller (Blitz) installed the same time my kit was getting installed.

2. Yes. I change mine whenever.

3. Cant answer that cause I still have a lot of wheelspin.

4. Wont have wheel hop with the motor mounts. But as long as youre not flooring it, you wont be boosting as high. Not enough to where the tires will spin.

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: CN1 question... plz help!

4. Wont have wheel hop with the motor mounts. But as long as youre not flooring it, you wont be boosting as high. Not enough to where the tires will spin.
So if u are on boost, say 7psi, and if u just accelerate your car normally, u won't get wheel hop right?

thx man

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
You can get wheel hop without a turbo. Whats your idea of normal acceleration? If the turbo is spooling; you have 2 choices. 1. Mash the throttle all the way so you won't run lean. 2. let off the gas and and cruise in Vac mode.

8,021 Posts
A lot of the time I dont floor it but I accelerate enough to where it starts to spool. I have my AFC throttle settings at 40% so when I just press it less than halfway, itll still be pushin a lot of fuel so I wont have to floor it when I'm passin someone up on the freeway or something. Just make sure youre still runnin rich.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts