Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is weird as hell, got it for fourt time today. I got this a while back and I cleared it..it came back when I was sitting at the same exact stop light...then it did AGAIN...i cleared it three times...now today at that same exact stop light my check engine light goes on with same code...what the fuck?

All my vacuum hoses and such is plugged in correctly...I didnt change anything this code just came outta nowhere. I guess it's just a coincedence that at the same exact stop light it came on...weird. What could be wrong with my 'evaporative emissions system'??

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
If it says evap system small leak as a description of the code i would assume your gas cap isnt venting properly or you dont have it tight enough, if it is a large leak then you might want to get it into a shop to check it out

·
Hi there
696 Posts
If it says evap system small leak as a description of the code i would assume your gas cap isnt venting properly or you dont have it tight enough, if it is a large leak then you might want to get it into a shop to check it out
Ok, You need to take this to a dealer because diagnosing evap leaks is a very long process.

The code 1457 is a evap leak on the canister side of the evap system. That rules out a loose gas cap because that would have thrown a 1456 which is a evap leak on the tank sub-system.

There are multiple things that can be wrong, cracked/loose evap hoses. stuck closed CVS, stuck open PCS, suck open bypass valve or stuck open two way valve, or a screwed up/scewed FTP sensor.

You really need the honda scantool to diag these leaks and is a very hard problem to pinpoint without the right knowledge and tools.

Reactions: Islanti

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, You need to take this to a dealer because diagnosing evap leaks is a very long process.

The code 1457 is a evap leak on the canister side of the evap system. That rules out a loose gas cap because that would have thrown a 1456 which is a evap leak on the tank sub-system.

There are multiple things that can be wrong, cracked/loose evap hoses. stuck closed CVS, stuck open PCS, suck open bypass valve or stuck open two way valve, or a screwed up/scewed FTP sensor.

You really need the honda scantool to diag these leaks and is a very hard problem to pinpoint without the right knowledge and tools.
cool, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts