★ jenonfire ★
25,884 Posts
im at the gym the other day - check the scenario:

ive got friggin dumbells over my head and some asshat comes up to me and says

asshat - "you come here often?"

me - i keep going with my reps and i say "um, yeah"

asshat - "you can tell, you have great definition"

me - o'rly? whats the definition of go away?"

come people - im there to work out, not hook up. if you want to make chit chat then talk to me at the juice/shake bar thing they have in the front when my workout is over.

the only time talking is acceptable is if someone needs a spot or if my form is fucked up and someone with more experience than me comes over and politely corrects me - that is more than appreciated - i dont want to fuck my shit up!!

·
★ jenonfire ★
25,884 Posts
oh - and i was so annoyed the other day -

some beefcake left 90 lbs of weights (45 on each side) on the barbell thing of the station or whatever the hell its called that i wanted to use -

what the hay? i cant lift 45 lbs, im just a little person :(

my son is 52 lbs and i have to drag him across the floor :laughing:

put you shit back where it belongs - i know your momma taught you that :firemad:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
ALREADY_GONE said:
im at the gym the other day - check the scenario:

ive got friggin dumbells over my head and some asshat comes up to me and says

asshat - "you come here often?"

me - i keep going with my reps and i say "um, yeah"

asshat - "you can tell, you have great definition"

me - o'rly? whats the definition of go away?"

come people - im there to work out, not hook up. if you want to make chit chat then talk to me at the juice/shake bar thing they have in the front when my workout is over.

the only time talking is acceptable is if someone needs a spot or if my form is fucked up and someone with more experience than me comes over and politely corrects me - that is more than appreciated - i dont want to fuck my shit up!!
LOL...yeah i never talk to anyone in the weight room..I am in the zone when I work out..if someone talks to me I always pretend like I can't hear them through my headphones

pics of definition so we can see if he is right?

·
★ jenonfire ★
25,884 Posts
mjfaulker said:
LOL...yeah i never talk to anyone in the weight room..I am in the zone when I work out..if someone talks to me I always pretend like I can't hear them through my headphones

pics of definition so we can see if he is right?
LOL - i think he was just trying to get a piece of ass

there's a pic in my profile

·
IcanbreakthesecuffsAHHHHH
11,110 Posts
At the gym on campus this one kid sweats me or something. it's like he is my shadow. I catch him doing things just to annoy me. Like whenever i head towards the water fountain to get a drink he sprints from across the huge ass gym just to get in front of me. Anywhere I am he asks if "im done with that machine" ? Fucking annoying as hell. One time me and my boy were in the middle of a set on the preacher and his fag ass comes over and starts asking questions to me WHILE i add , had EAR PLUGS IN! IM IN THE ZONE dude fuck cmon, I said "WHAT! ?" and my boy just told him to leave me alone because I really really don't like him. at all......oh and another thing , please dont grunt and bellow when doing sqauts and deads , this pretty big dude was doing what I do for deads (315) and making all this fucking noise. STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was doing legs today and some guy (who I talk to occasionally) kept trying to talk to me about stupid stuff. In the middle of my squat sets, I have to be in a total zone; I'm not an asshole to people, but WTF! Doing this kind of thing can totally destroy someone's workout. (And if your going heavy, you could get buried if your not in the right mindset. Some people have ZERO clue.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
RSX CStrike said:
i cant stand when mofos fill their water bottle when they just beat u to the fountain and have like a fuckin milk jug.
That is so true. At my old gym when I was in NJ, they only had 1 water fountain. Some people would take a full min. to fill up. :wtf: But the blame should go on the gym for only having one water fountain for a full-size gym. Most people, however, were considerate and stepped aside if they saw that you didn't go to the WF to fill up.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
rockatanski said:
/\/\/\/\
ohhhhh i hate that. its so frickin busy right now. and not that much of an increase in the hot chick level either. oh well, easier to concentrate without all the scantily clads i guess...

oh, i got another one. speaking of new years resolution 100 year old bastards, this one dumbass does smith bench presses only (which is fine, maybe hes got bad shoulders or something) but heres the funny (massively annoying) part. he'll put a plate on each side, set the safety stops a lil higher than chest level (at my gym the stops are spring loaded. this is key) and then he DROPS THE WEIGHT ON THE STOPS AND USES THE SPRINGS TO BOUNCE IT BACK UP!!!!!!! EVERY REP!!!!!! you can tell when he's going at it from all the way in the locker room cuz you hear/feel this *KACHON'K KACHON'K KACHON'K* over and over again.
it sounds like a refrigerator and a washing machine trying to have sex.
its like hes trying to impress the 80 year old ladies or something, or feels like hes hanging with the younga guys. shit dude, pick a weight you can handle and do it right.
:lol: That's a funny analogy. And that also reminds me of an old guy at my former gym who was using some sissy leg machine that works out the buttocks (1 at a time). He'd slam the weights with each rep so that you could hear it from the other side of the gym. :shakehead

There should be another rule that if you're going to wear the old-fahsion knee-high socks, if they're not plain white, at least make sure the colors friggin match! :shakehead

·
rawr
24,782 Posts
:rotfl:

A lot of it is mis-leading... should explain further/better when to ask for help.. like if someone is resting between reps, I'd figure thats the most ideal time to ask for a spot or whatever, as long as its quick and within a minute, otherwise go talk with the gym reps.

But the biggest point of all is (quite possibly my biggest peeve) if someone has headphones in their ears listening to their tunes on their Ipod or whatever, don't bug them at all cuz they came prepared/focused to work out and get out...

·
Dr. CaliAtenza ;)
8,100 Posts
Dunno if anyone has said it yet but people need to put down their phones at the gym...especially the ladies...i always either leave my cell at home or in a locker in the changing room. Also my gym needs more hot girls lol! Too many fatties

·
Registered
70 Posts
wiping sweat off benches and returning weights are the biggest annoyances at the gym. oh yea and people sitting at machines in between sets as if no one else needed it until you tell them u need to work in coz they don't get the hint when u are standing there waiting.. haha

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
so i cant spell oh well

Codes of the Gym

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By: Nick Nilsson

The gym is a unique environment in our world. People come there to improve their bodies and feel better about themselves. Most gyms have a written set of rules to govern our behavior while working out.

ALL gyms, however, have an unwritten code of behavior that is not always readily apparent to sometimes even the most advanced of us. The aim of this report is to tell you the written as well as the unwritten rules of behavior in The Gym.

The written rules of the gym are usually few and designed to ensure members safety, convenience and equipment care. You are probably familiar with the majority of them. These rules are all fairly straightforward and come out of common sense. These written rules are also grossly outnumbered by the unwritten rules of the gym.

1. Dropping Weights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dropping weights on the floor make you look tough and builds your reputation
2. Returning Weights

so the little chumps can pick em up easier
3. Proper Attire

wifebeaters only
4. Sweat Hogs

chicks like it when guys sweat
5. No Swearing

gives you street cred no one will start beef
6. No Smoking

ciggs drop manly sperm count

1. Talking

only if your talking about your new ride
2. Excessive Talking

3. Through The Looking Glass

checking chicks out
stand behind chicks while doing squats not in front
4. Working In

shove girly men off machines
5. Letting Someone Working In

only if its a hot chick
sorry warmy guys dont count
6. Bench Hogs

drop drop drop
7. Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

water the more the better
8. Water Breaks

all little chumps need ur advice
9. Captain Safety

slap anyone who tries to
they are trying to make a pussy out of you
10. Abusing Your Spotter

only if its a hot chick
11. Comfort Zones

chicks dig sensitive big guys
12. Resetting Machines

a big no no
13. Be Nice

brag brag brag
14. Spotting

be hero
15. Screaming

pumpin iron boo yeah
16.. Dropping And Banging

heavy moaning while lifting will make you lift better
17. Too Much Information

18. Bullseye

chicks dig knockoff cologne every guy knows that
19. Pepe La Pew (Part 1)

chicks are attracted to natural body odor
20. Pepe La Pew (Part 2)

Bathe regularly. 'Nuff said.
:noes:

·
Southern Discomfort
6,290 Posts
please post something in there about locker room edicate.
i hate it when some nude guy bends over to pick something up and i get the brwon eye. even worse is when im sitting down and some naked guy walks up to talk to me and there wang is right at eye level. i mean for christ sake put ur fucking underwear on or wear a fucking towel. nothing pisses me off more than guys that feal "too" confortable walking around the locker room.

·
Dr. CaliAtenza ;)
8,100 Posts
please post something in there about locker room edicate.
i hate it when some nude guy bends over to pick something up and i get the brwon eye. even worse is when im sitting down and some naked guy walks up to talk to me and there wang is right at eye level. i mean for christ sake put ur fucking underwear on or wear a fucking towel. nothing pisses me off more than guys that feal "too" confortable walking around the locker room.
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :run: :run: :run:

41 - 60 of 88 Posts