Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
IcanbreakthesecuffsAHHHHH
11,110 Posts
Today, I was doing leg presses. I go and get some water. When I came back, some guy...was setting his stuff right next to the machine..I knew he was gonna start using it. So I started stacking weights...

Him: "I'm using this machine." (I kinda laughed)
Me: "Nope, I was here about 10 minutes ago."
Him: "Well I was here, I'm using it."
Me: " I had my bag here for 10 minutes already..you just got here."
Him: "I have my stuff here too."
Me: "Nope, I was here way before you, and I'm using it. I've been using it."
Him: " How much longer you have?" (sarcastic tone)
Me: "Well about 10 minutes"

So while he was waiting, since he was so damn rude to me, I started stretching..started taking my sweet ass time. Normally I wouldn't do that...but when a person is a prick about it...he deserved it. Plus...is it really that hard to look around the machine to see if anybody has their belongings there? shit... I could see you hijack the machine after someone leaves it unoccupied for 10 minutes or so...but I was only gone for 1 minute.
I know how you feel but I think it coulda been handled better.

Same situation happened to me. Using the lat machine. I get up to get a drink. Dude comes over and gets on , I let him do his set and I sat "mind if i finish up my set? " he says, I only got two more. I say, Okay well i'm just gonna get one more set in. He got all pissed , took his towel and sassed off.

What a fuckin prick , no one owns anything in that gym. People that think they own shit get kicked in the mouth. :mad:

·
VTEC FLUID VENDOR
3,931 Posts
Yea, I agree, the outcome could've been more reasonable. To be honest, whenever someone takes my machine, I normally just let them do their thing and just do something else..but the lil attitude that he gave me, for some reason just ticked me off. I've never had anyone give me that much attitude for no reason at all for all the times I've been to any gym.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
What about the type that hoards like 6 sets of dumbells for a single exercise?
Dang it, I did that today when I ran my dad through a P90X routine on my iPhone.. :eek:

Yeah, it's the YMCA, and people at this one tend to be civilized. The only reason I'm going there is because I'm home for the holidays and my parents have a membership (Mom swims, and we don't have a lap pool at home).

The handy-ness of the videos is great, though. We've gone almost every day over the past week (and twice on Thanksgiving), and I've been able to avoid all the machine/free weight issues, only getting a mat & towel plus some small dumbbells for what I need that day. Did an hour of spinning (Sufferfest video) earlier this week, too. I'll probably take my resistance bands next time.

The original post was spot-on, too. People need to realize that the world does not revolve around them.

And Already_Gone, if you're still reading -- yup, the guy was hitting on ya. :laughing:

·
7,587 Posts
Today, I was doing leg presses. I go and get some water. When I came back, some guy...was setting his stuff right next to the machine..I knew he was gonna start using it. So I started stacking weights...

Him: "I'm using this machine." (I kinda laughed)
Me: "Nope, I was here about 10 minutes ago."
Him: "Well I was here, I'm using it."
Me: " I had my bag here for 10 minutes already..you just got here."
Him: "I have my stuff here too."
Me: "Nope, I was here way before you, and I'm using it. I've been using it."
Him: " How much longer you have?" (sarcastic tone)
Me: "Well about 10 minutes"

So while he was waiting, since he was so damn rude to me, I started stretching..started taking my sweet ass time. Normally I wouldn't do that...but when a person is a prick about it...he deserved it. Plus...is it really that hard to look around the machine to see if anybody has their belongings there? shit... I could see you hijack the machine after someone leaves it unoccupied for 10 minutes or so...but I was only gone for 1 minute.
Dude, you're kind of a douchebag.

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
im getting to the point now, when someone comes and hovers around the machine or weights im using, and doesnt have the balls to ask how many sets i have left. i just keep doing more and more sets until they leave, even if i was close to being done when they came up. or if they hover for 3 sets and then ask, i say "ive got 10 sets left." i cant stand people trying to stand close to you working out to intimidate you off a machine.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts