Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was wondering if you could give me some opinions and advice on coilovers and lowering springs. I have an 03 type s as my daily driver and was seeing which would be better and some good brands as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have Eibach progressive lowering springs. It is dropped about 1 inch in front and 1.25 inches in rear. So, it is not too aggressive of a drop. I like the ride and response of these springs. I am running 225/45/17 Michelin AS3+ Pilots and they seem to work well for daily driving. I will be getting some new wheels very soon, 17x8 wheels and will run 235/45/17's, so I will have to wait and see how the ride changes. I went ahead to rolled the rear qtr panel wheel wells to insure they fit because the wheels will come with a +30 offset.

If you are going to drop your vehicle more aggressively, then coil overs will be a better option for you. And, if you increase the width of your wheels, you may need to roll your fenders to accommodate them and possibly need to change your camber, which coil overs will allow you to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts