Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
14 sec base
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my car when it started to rain real bad. as i was driving my car it died out on the access rd . so i tried cranking it it didnt want to start so i waited, push my flashers on then it started to hail bad. the power went off in the whole area too and its 2 in the morning so i was pissed no one was there to help me. anyways i waited for 10 minutes tried cranking it it finally started. lot of white smoke came out of the exaust . my house was only 2 miles away so i drove it home the car died out couple more times but it started right back up. next day i drained the oil, it looked like coffee with lots of creme. so i put a new oil ,oil filter on started up the car and let it run for 15 minutes. then i drained that oil and put mobil1 syntheic oil and filter on. the car running fine right now i put at least 100 miles on it so far. did i do any kind of damage to the engine (oh yea the plugs look fine) thanks!!!!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
well, you for sure sucked up some water...

As far as damage... time will tell... I'd cut my OCI's in half for the next few and not really beat on it too much.

good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
IDK how u managed this i driven through water above my foglights and never hydrolocked...and have quite a few other power adders...

If the car runs now..

only thing you can do is do a compression test to see if the engine is still "good"

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think the problem is that the water wont compress when the engine is cranking so if the water has nowhere to go it will break something.
yeah but.. as it compresses it will turn into a boiling almost steam (prob the white smoke) state, and if there is anywater it would get pushed out the exhaust valves.. there just cant be too much water other wise the cylinder wont fire.. the crank would just have to be put through its motion and have the piston push as much water out as it can..
Edit: this is what I'm thinking in theory.. not an expert ;p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, same exact thing happened to me when I was driving on 410. But, the next day my check engine light came on. So I took the car to the Acura dealer and they raped me for $500.00 for a new O2 sensor. :firemad:

·
Registered
475 Posts
if you hear a tapping sound from the motor it could be a siezed valve, you may want to have your motor checked out. But if there is no check engine light it could just be that the valves needs to be adjusted. And water in the motor will mess it up pretty good, i had it bend 1 rod and sieze 2 valves in my old civic when it hydrolocked.

·
14 sec base
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if i keep driving it like that what will happen if thats the issue , its a real light barely audible tapping sound, the car oil level looks good, spark plugs are fine, still has the hp should i worrie about it , or change the oil again ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts