Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of course 3 days after i get my rsx back from shop (turbo install) the weather gets freaking cold and rainy... im guessing since it is colder that the air is colder going into the engine making the a/f ratio go leaner... i was trying to add some fuel to compensate for it but im still unsure if when you add fuel you go 1% at a time or like 5% or something.... i noticed i started to lean out at like 3500rpm so i changed the fuel from +5% to like +8% but it didnt seem to make a difference

settings from cn.. (i think)

3000 = 5
4000 = 10
5000 = 25
5500 = 30
8000 = 30

I tried 8

respectively... but i dont think it did anything... when you say add fuel do you mean 1-5% or like 5-10% and do you need to be stopped to change these settings, or is it okay to do it while driving, then test then adjust?

okay last thing.... i believe it is in the part that says throttle, and then lo & hi

when the installer tuned it (manually) he had it set to lo=10% and hi=50%
cn told me lo=5% and high stay same... would that have anything to do with overboosting? because after i changed it to 5% i overboosted so i changed it back to 10% and i didnt anymore.... does this have anything to do with it?

i have an appointment for a dyno and dyno tune this friday, does dyno tune make it so i will not run lean ever so long as the weather conditions are constant? can i get it tuned for cold weather and hotter weather and have them saved so i can just load the settings depending on the weather?

thanks.... sorry for the newb questions, but i have never owned a turbo car....

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
when you tune on the dyno...make sure you tell your installer to tune you a bit rich to compensate for the cooler weather. He should know what to do. And what RPM's to be most concerned with.

I'm am not to familiar with the APEXi, not sure of the settings exactly. I have the Greddy kit and use the emanage. But it is always safe to tune a little rich just to be safe.

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay i will let them know, they are super local, like 5 minutes from here so i can just have them tune for normal weather but take into consideration that it gets cold here sometimes....

thanks

·
2,524 Posts
yeah. I have the same issue here..it gets cold here every couple of weeks....like tonight it's supposed to be in the low 30's I know that does not sound cold to most of the northeners, but this is Florida...and 30 is cold. I am almost afraid to drive the car as cold as it is. At least not run full spool.

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha i live in southern california and its the same here... its noramlly pretty hot or at least warm... but sometimes it gets pretty cool.

·
2,524 Posts
yeah. The humidity here is the bitch!

I walked out the other morning to go to work and there was ice on my intercooler from the dew turning to ice. Not good.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
teamxrsx said:
yeah. The humidity here is the bitch!

I walked out the other morning to go to work and there was ice on my intercooler from the dew turning to ice. Not good.
The weather stays in the teens up here and I always have ice and salt on my intercooler, but the car still runs nice and hard. No problems whatsoever even as my daily driven ride.

·
2,524 Posts
you got it tuned rich correct? I am sure your settings would be higher than someone's in the south. Even with the differences in vehicles, you would still need to be higher than the average settings.

Cold weather is not really bad for the car...other than hard cold starts. You just have to be able to tune for it. Fuel is everything.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
teamxrsx said:
you got it tuned rich correct? I am sure your settings would be higher than someone's in the south. Even with the differences in vehicles, you would still need to be higher than the average settings.

Cold weather is not really bad for the car...other than hard cold starts. You just have to be able to tune for it. Fuel is everything.
My current apexi settings for hi throttle.

6000 +45
6400 +45
7000 +49
7400 +49
8000 +48

Damn cold weather!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts