Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the coldes anyone on the board has been running boost?

·
Registered
22 Posts
sup man it wuz pretty damn cold 2 weekz ago -30 with windchill...and i wuz out BOOSTIN !! lol that wuz a bad idea...i hit 11psi that nite and got an exhaust leak...but thank god it wuz only an exhaust leak and not a blown motor...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Type-S iz Best said:
sup man it wuz pretty damn cold 2 weekz ago -30 with windchill...and i wuz out BOOSTIN !!
That's the sort of temperature I was wondering about.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Whats boost Leak?

also what are some othe problems that can be faced by cold temperatures?

i live in missouri so it does not get that cold around here but i still want to learn.

thanks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Type-S iz Best said:
sup man it wuz pretty damn cold 2 weekz ago -30 with windchill...and i wuz out BOOSTIN !! lol that wuz a bad idea...i hit 11psi that nite and got an exhaust leak...but thank god it wuz only an exhaust leak and not a blown motor...
You have to be careful not to boost too much in extremely cold weather. I was set at 7psi in Florida, and now my boost creeps up to 11 from 5k rpm's and above. So far I've had 2 exhaust leaks. :shakehead After a good 1000miles, get your car on a lift and torque down your bolts. Also check the bolts that connect the wastegate to your exhaust manifold. It's kinda hard to get your hands in there, but it'll save you some trouble down the road.

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
rsxtacy2003 said:
What is the coldes anyone on the board has been running boost?
rsxtacy, if you want to talk about boost with someone PM me. I know some pretty intelligent turbo dudes here in town. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a_peep said:
rsxtacy, if you want to talk about boost with someone PM me. I know some pretty intelligent turbo dudes here in town. :D
Tryk?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts