Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Real Nurse
33,932 Posts
my apologies (3 beers tonight, first time in 2 months, and i think im pretty damn buzzed)

a polite way to point out that i was wrong; i :love: u FB! im used to'wtf is this!!?!?!?!?!' and angry girls...

and for the record im celebrating being single tonight after the whole 'gf made dinner/brownies bought flowers' shit ended our relationship
I :love: u too. Pottsvilletown forever baby.

·
oh hai
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
hmm. well my family is entirely fucked up. my dad fucked us all over and has done next to nothing "fatherly" for me my entire life, my biggest brother moved to israel and joined the army for 3 years and now lives there. my parents got divorced in freshman year.

...as easy as it would be to write about all this and how i've grown to accept it, learn from it, etc. i feel it might not make for a great college essay. one of my english teachers once told me write things that are close to you, but not too close, as your emotions will get in the way of effective writing.

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
I wrote about the biggest dump I took. Was on the can for like an hour.

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
:rotfl:

·
Banned
5,599 Posts
Write a social commentary on the jailbait thread

·
Real Nurse
33,932 Posts
hmm. well my family is entirely fucked up. my dad fucked us all over and has done next to nothing "fatherly" for me my entire life, my biggest brother moved to israel and joined the army for 3 years and now lives there. my parents got divorced in freshman year.

...as easy as it would be to write about all this and how i've grown to accept it, learn from it, etc. i feel it might not make for a great college essay. one of my english teachers once told me write things that are close to you, but not too close, as your emotions will get in the way of effective writing.
but what is the outcome, what have you learned from it, what did you take away, did you assume new roles, are you a pacifist now?

perhaps you should have a sit down with that english teacher and see if they can help you come up with an outline.

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,623 Posts

that is YOUR history, that is who you are, that is what made you the person you are today; what greater topic can you write, and what topic do you know more about, than that of yourself? yes, your direct reactions can affect HOW you write it, but the gist will always be the same.

you have all the raw materials for the great american novel there; character flaws, lonliness/isolation and not understanding, and yet your character overcomes these limitations, deals with them, and learns to accept them, your only catch there is a finalized summation of what you define yourself as and how you want to be from that point on. the lives we all live are the greatest stories we ever tell or hear.

·
from 2004
3,690 Posts
I need to start my college essay pretty soon, but I haven't any idea of what to write about. What did some of you guys write about?

I'm planning to apply Early Decision to The College of New Jersey. It's becoming more and more competitive, and while I have a 3.79 and some extra curricular activities, i think a really good essay could help me out.
Wrong place dude. I'd try collegeconfidential. You'll encounter more nerds there.

How's your SAT score? Just BS your essay. I heard that some colleges don't even look at them. If your SAT/GPA is good, you're in. Essays, ECs are just optional. Good Luck! ;)

·
Banned
21,941 Posts
Talk about how the Bowflex home gym has changed your life. Talk about how it has molded not only your body, but your mind. Talk about how you feel 10 years younger and pull in women half your age, yes, even children. Good luck.

·
Occasional Elitist
1,257 Posts
k well .. i just went thru this process last year at this time an i can offer you a few words of advice

1. if u have a sob story, USE IT. describing hardships that have stood in your way in becoming successful will make your story more legit. also, be very brief in your descriptions of the events, and emphasize the epiphany and development that occursed because of that event.

2. add humor .. be sarcastic, cynical, etc. you want your paper to stand out because if your paper stands out, you stand out. dont go over the top, though, because then ull just look like an asshole.

3. If you chose to not discuss your past, talk about your future and how you are being progressive in achieving your goals..

gl

·
oh hai
3,322 Posts
it's august, classes start on monday. i think you missed the memo or are planning too far ahead
:confused: i'm a senior in hs and am applying ED to TCNJ.

thanks for all the productive comments. i'm going to write a draft with the whole family situation and explain how i've grown, matured, learned from it, etc. then see how i like it. though i know how to write pretty well, it might be difficult to not make it too touchy.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts