Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... cardboard box is not an acceptable answer.

Looked around on apartments.com and rent.com and stuff - looks like it'll be around $800/mo for me to get a 1bdroom apartment by campus. On the other hand, if I just commute, it'll cost me about $250-300/mo, depending if I ride the Metro or drive. Any advantages to living by campus, other than getting away from my parents?

·
Club Bosozoku
158 Posts
if u live on campus ur right next to a chipotle...nuff said.

·
RSX Type-s A-Spec
628 Posts
you can go by stamp student union they have postings by owner for rooms in houses in the area. The single biggest advantage to living on campus is beating the traffic if you utilize either 270 or 95 you will be hating life! if you are looking for a place 700-800 with utilities is realistic, prices are high because seniors can no longer live on campus housing. I used to commute there, sucked major ass. holla atcha boy!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Commuting wasn't too bad...but then again I took the backroads from GBurg all the way up to College park...but maybe traffic has changed since I've gone =p

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I commute, it'll be commuting from Rockville to College Park - depending on my class schedule, I might end up taking the metro instead. I just don't want to spend 2 hours driving every day.

I'm going to the housing fair on the 25th, but my parents are pretty hesitant about letting me live away from home. I don't tend to do well in school if I'm on my own, and they feel better about having me at home.

·
Registered
319 Posts
it's not too bad...depending on where you're coming from rockville anyways. From GBurg I used to just take 108 down to new hampshire and then new hampshire all the way down to college park...used to be about 40 min commute. Also depends on how late your classes are, if you don't have any extra early classes, commuting is a breeze.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's not too bad...depending on where you're coming from rockville anyways. From GBurg I used to just take 108 down to new hampshire and then new hampshire all the way down to college park...used to be about 40 min commute. Also depends on how late your classes are, if you don't have any extra early classes, commuting is a breeze.
From the looks of it, my classes are going to be at around 9AM. That doesn't sound too bad to me, but I could be reading/studying on the Metro instead of driving.

...oh, who am I kidding? I'd probably end up spending the whole ride playing tetris on my laptop.

·
Registered
319 Posts
haha yeah, I doubt you'd be studying on the metro ;p Originally at CP I took early classes thinking it was a good idea...then it changed to 9pm...then 10pm...then 11 pm...lol. Don't know what I was thinking initially.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.