Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
1 of few active members..
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had the car for a while but I've finally got to the point where I feel I can do a show off. I first bought the car back in 2014, while I was away Pea combining, searched for two months before I found the RSX I wanted. It was nothing close to stock but not to any extent of where I couldn't go any further.

Pictures of the day I bought it.

The modifcations as it sits right now:

Exterior
Milano red Paint job(done in 2014)
2006 Front & Rear conversion
10k hid low beams, and led reverse
Seibon CF hood
Mugen front Bumper
Mugen rear lip
Carbon fiber Trunk & carbon type r Spoiler
Carbon fiber wrapped roof
25mm front wheel spacers & 30mm in the rear
ITR Rims wrapped with Toyo Proxies
JDM Window visors
JDM Rear Foglight
EM2 Fogs custom fitted
10% tint all the way around

Interior
Kenwood DDX419 double din
2006 RSX cluster swap
ITR red door inserts
Painted black a-pilllars, and roof
Led Interior lights
Mugen Foot pedals(Not installed)

Engine, fuel management, transmission & Drive train
2008 K24a2 run on Kpro v4
2002 k20a2 tranny
RBC Intake manifold
Karcepts adapter
Stock type s throttle body
CC Stage 1.5 clutch
Exedy HF02 Flywheel
Yonaka Stage 2 Axels
DC5R Aluminum Lower control arms(Not Yet Installed)
Slotted and cross drilled brakes + Cermaic pads
Stock callipers powder coated red
Injen CAI
PLM 4-2-1 Race header
Yonaka Cat-Back Exhaust
Hardrace Motor Mounts

I got bored of the old rims and picked up some new ones:fistbump: take some guesses.......

You guessed right:giggity: ITR DC5 rims in really good shape with brand new toyo proxies :love . Decided to give them a test fit to see what theyd look like.

Was loving the look but figured theyd look better in black so I dipped them. Instantly had no regrets as they looked great!!

Then after pulling it out for the summer took some pics, all recent.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
looks good so far, I liked the white r's over the black.

·
I Alwayz Haz Ava Hottiez
545 Posts
Looking good. :thumbsup:

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Alright been a while since I've updated but I was busy working 5 hours from home, updates to the car, I got a wicked deal on a low mileage 08 tsx motor that I couldn't pass up so I pulled the trigger and will be picking up later this week. Got started early this aft with pulling the motor and had it pulled by 6pm and sitting by the donor car. Goal is to have the donor car out the door by the time I pick up my motor likely Wednesday or Thursday so im not wasting time!!!! Here's a pic of how the car sits tonight and will update on the donor car tomorrow! SO EXCITED!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
430,518 Posts
nice! congrats for grab on the motor man, good luck with your project

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well after a long day the car is back on its feet, turned over and fired right up needless to say im more then happy with the outcome and my buddy who the car is going to is thrilled. Off tomorrow to pick up the tsx motor and hoping to have it in my car for friday night, I know thats a little ambitious but i think its doable not rushing anything to ensure there are no easy screw ups made. Oh an to anyone who's thinking of doing a motor swap all it takes is research, half a brain, patience and the tools to do so!!!

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man. Quick turn around! You should install a CAI & washer bottle while you're in there. Would be so easy

I would, but I'm selling it to a buddy so I'll let him have the joy from taing it from stock to whatever he decides!!

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
Get rid of the black wheels. Black wheels are the devil's work and look terrible on cars. The rest of the car is coming along really nicely. If you want a lower suspension for a little more performance you can look into the A-Spec suspension too. It drops the car an inch and is a little stiffer.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
If you want a lower suspension for a little more performance you can look into the A-Spec suspension too. It drops the car an inch and is a little stiffer.
A lot stiffer. The dampers are stiffer. I know people say "no don't put lowering springs on stock shocks cuz they'll blow!" but I wish I would've just tried 1" lowering springs instead of the A-spec coilovers. Makes the roads brutal here. Dampers don't let the springs compress er something (too much "bound")

1 - 20 of 29 Posts