Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
1 of few active members..
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Okay, got the motor today everything looks great except the fact ive noticed a few things, I'm going to need the rbc intake manifold to work in the 06-08, im going to need the adapter which i had previously known but I am also going to need a flywheel cover for the bottom of the engine as there is a very large gap, so it looks like my swap will be put on hold temporarily as I'll have to order those parts.

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Alright got a few more updates, donor car is 100% done and is at the mechanics getting a safety inspection, as far as my car goes, still awaiting a few parts, which include, Rbc from a member on Clubrsx:fistbump: , Rbc adapter, new knock sensor which got broke by my friend trying to unplug wiring harness aka new owner of donor:p , ac compressor, and slotted and cross-drilled brakes because I had to give him the one's off my car. So heres how the car sits and hopefully will have updates this weekend:weeeeeeeeee: .

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Update: Upgraded Axels came in today along with the karcepts adpater, new ac compressor, new brakes, new knock sensor and fitted the em2 fogs into my bumper.

Managed to get compressor in and all hooked up, along with the knock sensor and brakes installed. Hoping to have the brakes bled tomorrow new axels in and the car back on four wheels to await the last part the RBC which hopefully I'll have wednesday.:noes::giggity:

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Alright, it's official the k24 swap is complete, for anyone looking to do this let me tell you the torque from this motor is amazing no more 3k bog down, and down shifting for steep hills the motor pulls constantly. However I don't notice a huge difference in power because the k20 just seemed to pull so hard in higher rpms, there's no doubt that for an everyday commuter the k24 swap is the way to go with keeping reliability with a little more driveability. Will update again once the car is tuned, thanks clubrsx for all the diys and help:fistbump:

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Awesome build man, I want to throw a K24 on my car too
All in all I'd say its definitely worth it, just got back from a 600 km weekend trip and it ran flawless, Now just to book the date of the tune!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts