Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all im considering coloring the oem badging, im thinking of sanding it and painting it a mettallic black or red color and then adding some clearcoat for a glossy look. Which color would you guys think would look best its a ssm car. i was thinking the mettallic black so the red s on the type s badge would stand out or would the red look better give me your 2 cents.

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
I debadged except for the front and rear acura emblems. I painted my front emblem with black bumper paint so it matches the color and texture of the surrounding plastic 100%. For the rear I used some blue duplicolor anodized paint. It came out well but a little darker than my abp color. Articbluedc5 painted his with touch up paint so it matches almost perfectly.

Personally I like the way the badges look when they match the car. I'm not a huge fan of making the badges stand out but if that's your goal metallic black would do the job and make the red S stand out along side it. I think they badges in all red would look a little odd right above the red tail lights.

·
7,611 Posts
:iamwiths: Color match is a good idea.

I painted my A's red - with the darker of the two Krylon Fusion reds. Looks good IMHO. Still debating whether or not I want to put the Acura and RSX emblems back on. If I do, I want to paint the flat surfaces satin black and leave the outline as is (chrome/polished).

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
:iamwiths: Color match is a good idea.

I painted my A's red - with the darker of the two Krylon Fusion reds. Looks good IMHO. Still debating whether or not I want to put the Acura and RSX emblems back on. If I do, I want to paint the flat surfaces satin black and leave the outline as is (chrome/polished).
The red sounds like a good idea on your dark colored car. I think it would be easier to find a good color that flows with a dark colored car than a silver car. There's just more colors to choose from that don't make the emblems overly stand ouy.

·
Trak Performance
348 Posts
I debadged except for the front and rear acura emblems. I painted my front emblem with black bumper paint so it matches the color and texture of the surrounding plastic 100%. For the rear I used some blue duplicolor anodized paint. It came out well but a little darker than my abp color. Articbluedc5 painted his with touch up paint so it matches almost perfectly.

Personally I like the way the badges look when they match the car. I'm not a huge fan of making the badges stand out but if that's your goal metallic black would do the job and make the red S stand out along side it. I think they badges in all red would look a little odd right above the red tail lights.

you mind posting up some pics?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts