Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a suggestion. there are only 2 teams in the states that road race RSX's and neither of them are on the board. besides that most of the ricers on here think road racing is street racing. combine them and let us click less :thumbsup:

G

·
Excuse me. Shows how much thought went into your post.

This forum is for people who road race, not to support RTR, Mugen, or Mirko Racing's crews (btw, that's 3 prof teams, not 2).

Plenty of people on this board track their cars. Recently the increase in motor performance for this car has started capturing the attention and respect of the "old schoolers" driving DC2s. I have faith that within the next couple of years, this forum will gain quite a few active members, especially those running N/A motors...which is what 99.9% of road racers run. Road racing and autox require two different skill sets and require two separate mind sets toward tuning the car for best performance. Keeping them separate will avoid confusion between the two.

It makes absolutely no sense to change the forum to something it's not about because ricers think it's something it's not. Maybe you should spend your time educating them. This forum is under the "Racing" heading, so those who venture in here on purpose have a good idea what it's about. Real racers know what Road Racing is, as opposed to Street Racing, so there's no need for explanation. Ricers/street racers who think Road Racing is street racing prove that they are still the typical ill-informed people that give imports a bad name by their lack of knowledge in the sport.

If taking the extra few seconds to click into this forum then click back to the autox forum is taking its toll on your professional or personal life, then perhaps you ought to better manage your time allowed for online activity.

Do you road race your RSX? If so, I'd love to hear about your experiences. :)

Oh, and by the way, if people would actually read the FAQs that mods create, you and all the ricers who don't understand what it is, would realize that the FIRST question in my FAQ is "What is road racing?" It very clearly states what it is in plain English.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeez dude, chill out. its just a suggestion. even H-T has them combined, and this forum is way smaller then that. usually people into one are into both, and they are pretty closely related topics.

to answer your question, i do not road race my rsx, i seriously doubt anybody on this board does. it has however been to a few different tracks on more then one occasion (notice my post about the track day im sponsoring that not even 20 people looked at).

G

·
suggestions are always welcome, but you shouldn't take replies so personally.

actually, a number of people on this board track their cars. i suspect that the numbers will increase as ownership and aftermarket support increase.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can look at it different ways... I'm sure no one has a fully sponsered RSX race car on this board, no. But that isn't what this board is really about. It's about people who enjoy HPDE's and other such events.

Not to be snippy, but if you read the sticky information, you'd find out that this is for RSX drivers who take their cars to road courses. This board will spring up more as the season rolls on I'm sure. It's also a nice place for us to talk about F1, WRC, CART...in addition a place to bitch about IRL ;)

I'm sure a lot of people will attest on this board that they do indeed track their car. I have an event at BeaveRun this up-coming weekend (June 7/8) and another one on the books for July at Nelson Ledges. More to come as the summer rolls on...

I'm sure you'll find most people here go all suspension before they go all motor. ;)

BTW, I usually run with BMWCCA b/c my brother and father run BMW's. I'm trying to convince them to get into some NASA events due to the price difference! Good folks (mostly) in the BMWCCA though.

·
cone head
1,452 Posts
I think it's good. Both forums were a little slow. I know a lot of autox-ers probably plan to track their cars sooner or later, including me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts