Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put something more comfortable in my RSX for the long trips across the country; but I know zero about the seats that are not meant for strictly racing (Kirkey :thumbsup: ).

I would like something that;
you can sit in for 12-16 hours at a time
still looks fairly nice (leahter/suede > cloth)
not incredibly expensive
weighs no more than stock seats (less is better, but not the point)

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
jdkindle said:
I want to put something more comfortable in my RSX for the long trips across the country; but I know zero about the seats that are not meant for strictly racing (Kirkey :thumbsup: ).

I would like something that;
you can sit in for 12-16 hours at a time
still looks fairly nice (leahter/suede > cloth)
not incredibly expensive
weighs no more than stock seats (less is better, but not the point)

Any suggestions?
Bride Brix

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
Rsxstacy said:
sparco torino
Are those the leather bucket seat models? $1300 a seat I think! Good lord! But oh man they look comfy, not to mention very nice looking. Get those JDkindle. :)

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
Honestly, you don't like the stock seats in the Type S JDkindle? I think they're great, except for extremities in the weather. You can't wear shorts when your car's been parked out in blazing 90+ degree weather. I think they're a nice compromise between looks, comfort factor, and some performance hehe.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love them........its the wife that doesn't

she is fine with them around town, looks, etc; but we will be traveling in it to all the races on the east coast this season and after a few hours, they start to get hard

I always just throw a pillow under there and I can last the whole trip, but she doesn't like that idea :rolleyes:

·
FEED ME!!!
8,776 Posts
well on long trips they suck... i was driving in the stock seats for 7 hrs stright and my ass/lower region started to hurt like hell

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
sparco monza's :D but they arent real cheap but they are cheaper than milano's

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
jdkindle said:
I love them........its the wife that doesn't

she is fine with them around town, looks, etc; but we will be traveling in it to all the races on the east coast this season and after a few hours, they start to get hard

I always just throw a pillow under there and I can last the whole trip, but she doesn't like that idea :rolleyes:
I'm his wife and he forgot to mention that I have had a broken back and two back surgeries within the last 5 years. :rolleyes: :laughing:

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
omg bnkindle! That's hardcore. From racing I assume? I don't know if anybody has asked this before but who do you think would win, you or your husband? :laughing:

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
ShoDaoGUN said:
omg bnkindle! That's hardcore. From racing I assume? I don't know if anybody has asked this before but who do you think would win, you or your husband? :laughing:
It's actually not from racing...my first surgery was due to having scoliosis and then I broke my back and had to have my second surgery to a 'STUPID' RSX owner (not Jeramy).

We shall have the ultimate showdown this next season as we will both be driving the RSX and be battling for the fastest streetable n/a RSX title. It should be interesting........:driving:

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
bnkindle, sorry to hear that. :( But looks like your fine and kickin'! I think your husband just called you out...Whatadya gonna do? :)

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Re: Re: Comfortable replacement seats?

jdkindle said:
so I guess that rules out those......lol

How are the Tenzo-R's? they look comfy and are less than $500 for the set :thumbsup:
Stay away from Tenzo's, cheap quality, theyll fade before you know it.

Have money? Get some usdm Recaro SRD's. EVERYONE whose sat in mine, loves them. Car guys, girls, family, etc. Bride's are geared towards smaller people, so unless ur skinny, they might be uncomfortable. I've sat in the Torino's, and they just dont do it for me. I'd advise sitting in them before buying. Corbeau also makes a great seat. I've sat in one of their higher end models, and it was very comfortable. Affordable too.

Little known secret, Arospeed seats use Recaro components. The adjuster knob even has the Recaro symbol on it. Cheap, looks good, but I havent sat in them.

Best advise I can give is sit in the seat before you buy them.

·
8" member
3,542 Posts
the civic si seats are surprisingly a little more comfortable than my stock cloths were. they are suade (alcondra or however u spell it) on the sides and top and like mesh stuff in the middle. weigh a little less than stock cuz they have no airbags in them. also do not have height adjustment.....thats the only thing that i dont like about them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts