Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Got a problem where when it's cold outside' my heater won't turn on to defrost/defog my windshield. Any help would be appreciated.
Alright Marco...I get the whole keep it simple thing. I just wish for perplexing issues with no easy fix. Sylinzer check your coolant level and the heater resistor is known to act up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The best thing about this post is that in 15+ years, nothing but common easy stuff comes up as a problem, and even now they barely break down. Then add all the wrong shit replaced by misdiagnosis and it makes the car even better.
Agreed. 15 years and 250K miles later and my DD only has the common taillight gasket leak and some peeling clear coat. Of course minor things like cracked radiator and bad CMC have happened over the years, but nothing major that couldn't be fixed in an hour.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Agreed. 15 years and 250K miles later and my DD only has the common taillight gasket leak and some peeling clear coat. Of course minor things like cracked radiator and bad CMC have happened over the years, but nothing major that couldn't be fixed in an hour.
Agreed My I got 450k out of a 92 GS with nothing but routine maintenance. That's why I'm gonna show my 03 Type S alot of love on a "my bad " engine rebuild at 110K.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Checked coolant, it was full
OK. sometimes you can have air bubbles ( you have to bleed it ) or a low coolant level that will cause not enough flow or volume to the heater core until the engine heats up. Search: Blower motor resister. Check that then check back. Peace brotha!

61 - 65 of 65 Posts