Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how the EVAP system looks like when it's on the car. I'm planning to remove the entire system.

This is how it looks like after the EVAP system is removed. Is it alright to just cap off the ports circled in red? In K-Pro, i have the emissions checking disabled, so that means if i remove the system, i won't throw a CEL right? (there are 3 plugs that connect to the EVAP system under the car)

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
Why do you want to remove it?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you want to remove it?
i already have the evap canister purge valve deleted from the throttle body and the entire hardline that runs back to the canister, out. Just wanted to see if i could remove the whole contraption.

I'm pretty sure you still need to vent the gas tank as high as possible.
so should i run 2 hoses from the red circled areas to vent near the rear bumper?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, so the assembly circled in blue leave intact? For the port that has the orange arrow pointed towards it, do i plug that?

do you have your canister removed as well btw?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just took a quick pic outside. Put the 2 lines back that run to the gas door. The areas i have circled in red is the ones i needed to have plug correct?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just took a look at the EVAP diagrams on ALLDATA and the way we have it setup won't work i think. The way we have it setup wont vent anywhere. It looks like it will recirculate around the fill pipe only.

here is the RSX diagram

here is one off the 98 Integra

The only way to vent the gas tank is run a line on the EVAP valve on the gas tank to the back of the car since both the RSX and Integra have it but only the RSX has a fuel vapor control valve. Then plug the fuel vapor control valve. What do you think?

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
I just took a look at the EVAP diagrams on ALLDATA and the way we have it setup won't work i think. The way we have it setup wont vent anywhere. It looks like it will recirculate around the fill pipe only.

here is the RSX diagram

here is one off the 98 Integra

The only way to vent the gas tank is run a line on the EVAP valve on the gas tank to the back of the car since both the RSX and Integra have it but only the RSX has a fuel vapor control valve. Then plug the fuel vapor control valve. What do you think?
interesting... which one in your pics of your tank the evap valve on the gas tank?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the evap valve is circled in red. the port circled in orange (fuel vapor control valve) needs to be plugged. when i blow air into the fill pipe & have the fuel vapor control valve plugged, air is able to come out from the evap valve. when i blow thru the evap line, air is able to come out from the fill pipe. that means if the gas tank needs to vent, it will vent, and if needs to breathe, it will breathe.

·
gingers have no souls
1,828 Posts
i read that part but whats the benefit of the evap delete on the throttle body?

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
the evap valve is circled in red. the port circled in orange (fuel vapor control valve) needs to be plugged. when i blow air into the fill pipe & have the fuel vapor control valve plugged, air is able to come out from the evap valve. when i blow thru the evap line, air is able to come out from the fill pipe. that means if the gas tank needs to vent, it will vent, and if needs to breathe, it will breathe.

So plug the orange and run a tube from the red... that would eliminate the white piece as well right? what about the lines going up to the fill area from the white piece?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So plug the orange and run a tube from the red... that would eliminate the white piece as well right? what about the lines going up to the fill area from the white piece?
yes, plug the orange area, run a tube from the red area which inturn would eliminate the vapor control valve (the white piece). the 2 hardlines that go to the fill area (the 2 lines the vapor control valve connects to) is to collect vapors when you pump gas but the pumps already have vapor recovery. i was gonna cut the 2 hardlines as close as i can to the fill area and crimp them close.

Extra shit is extra weight. Not to mention more stuff that can get in the way or complicate an already busy engine bay.
pretty much this and im doing a wire tuck as well so all the harness to do with the evap was de-pinned at the ecu.

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
yes, plug the orange area, run a tube from the red area which inturn would eliminate the vapor control valve (the white piece). the 2 hardlines that go to the fill area (the 2 lines the vapor control valve connects to) is to collect vapors when you pump gas but the pumps already have vapor recovery. i was gonna cut the 2 hardlines as close as i can to the fill area and crimp them close.
I just talked with a friend of mine about this.

he said to leave it like this:

with the red circles plugged. he said the 2 lines are venting when you fill up but other than that you don't want any other air leaks.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts