Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am now beginning to learn about k-series motors...read a couple of threads here and have a couple questions.

what is a ESMM? what is the diff btw hondata #4, reflash and reg hondata? i've seen that the injen cai is the best intake for k's. thanks

·
The Evil One...
10,707 Posts
ek_jeremy said:
i am now beginning to learn about k-series motors...read a couple of threads here and have a couple questions.

what is a ESMM? what is the diff btw hondata #4, reflash and reg hondata? i've seen that the injen cai is the best intake for k's. thanks
ESMM = ENERGY SUSPENSION MOTOR MOUNTS
YES...Injen CAI mighty be the best intake performance wise (IMO)
I dunno the difference in reference 2 your Hondata question sorry...:dontknow:

Hoped I helped...:thumbsup:

·
The Evil One...
10,707 Posts
ek_jeremy said:
and what is the big fuss with toda cams? thanks
fuss...?:confused:

mmmm....IMO...the Toda engine kit is a very good engine upgrade...a bit on the pricy side...but its an NA kit (and of very good quality)...so for those who dont wana turbo...this is one road to go...without going all out and spending 7500 for the hytech one... (OUCH)

(Also...IMO...if u want a lot more HP than this kit offers...DO NOT get it...start looking into a turbo...and bulletproofing your entire engine)...(Dont biatch bout how that is not enough HP)

Hoped i helped again...:thumbsup:

P.S. I have a lot more to say...but me at work...:laughing:

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
ek_jeremy said:

for any hondata questions, please go to hondata's website with the provided link in one of the stickys

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
The Evil One...
10,707 Posts
Re: Re: completely new to k-series

HardcoreRsxS said:
for any hondata questions, please go to hondata's website with the provided link in one of the stickys

peace out
HARDCORE mikey
I like the way some clubmembers go the extra mile to help out a noob...:thumbsup:

·
The Evil One...
10,707 Posts
ek_jeremy said:
well i noticed threads about hondata #4? what is the diff? and what does a reflash do? thanks
once again...i dont know the difference...

But a reflash is when your ECU is completely "re-programmed" with more "agressive" fuel maps and a higher perfomance in mind...

( i dont know...im just posting what i think...)

(Correct me if im wrong n e one)

·
The Evil One...
10,707 Posts
ek_jeremy said:
so what's a hondata # 4?

ok...ok...ill did the search...

now...read this
http://hondata.com/kseries.html

and about the mounts...
"Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts are designed to provide improved performance by eliminating excess engine movement, resulting in unwanted wheel hop due to inferior stock rubber motor mounts. Like all Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex polyurethane components, they are impervious to vehicle fluids, road salts and oils(unlike OEM rubber). Energy's two piece support insert is designed to be used in conjunction with the original stock motor mount, thus, preventing tearing of the original mount material. A must-use for high performance conditions" (http://www.inlinefour.com/ensusmotmoun.html)

Hope i helped...

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
okay I'll help you out, b/c we were all noobs once, and although we were not all so unwilling to use the search button, I'm feeling nice right now (enjoy, happens only about once/twice a year).

1)ESMM, (cheap, but effective, PIA to install so I hear) kills wheel hop from launching. Wheel hop happens when the tires on a front wheel drive car (especially with an open differential) break loose during sudden acceleration from a stop. It's very annoying, gets you nowhere fast, and I'm sure it's bad for your drivetrain. You can also opt to install engine torque dampener(s) with or without MM, same purpose but don't usually work as well. They are more expensive but hella easier to install.

2)hondata (get it) I'm assuming you have a type S. goto website for more info. Changes air/fuel ratios, ignition timing, VTEC engagement , and ups your rev limiter (optional). You want hondata #4. Hondata makes a lot of stuff not all for the k series, so what is the regular hondata?

3)TODA cams, best naturally aspirated option out there as of this moment. (subject to change) However, there are a N+ set of cams in the works as well as cams from other parties. This should be interesting news in the near future. So, I will say just pay attention and learn with the rest of us. I for one am hoping that TODA will be offering a complete engine kit with N+ cams in the future (fingers crossed) that will include the header/sway combo.

If you really need to learn more about the great K goto the performance section and read all the past posts. SEARCH, b/c these guys will not let you forget, and it is a rule (did you read the newbie rules?)

Your welcome.

·
Registered
715 Posts
ek_jeremy said:

i dunno but the ESMM on rsx but when my friend install his on teg 91 DAMN the vibration of the engine annoys me. u can hear the engine roar and u can feel the shaking of it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
no pain no gain

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
I love the vibration. It's like having your ass massaged by a Swedish nurse on your morning commute.

Search, search, search. A newbie's best friend.

·
Registered
227 Posts
hondata #4 is the reprogram where you opt for the higher rev limiter (8600) and lower v-tec point (5200) (as opposed to a different combination of the two). "s e a r c h" is our friend.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to help this noob....

Hondata is a custom tune done to your ECU. It offers better performance, more HP (about 10-12, on average). It was originally done to a type S with CAI, header and exhaust (I beleive...), and is prolly the best HP per dollar spent on your car. At least, that's what I hear.

That upgraded flash is programmed to your ECU in 4 different flavors (actually 5, but that's later, in "Hondata 102"). 1 is stock rev limit and vtec point. 2nd is stock rev limit, but with the vtec point lowered to 5200 rpm. 3rd is the rev limit raised to 8600 rpm, with the stock vtec point. And then we have Hondata #4. 5200 rpm vtec and 8600 rpm rev limit.

Get it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts