Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1641 - 1660 of 2125 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
do some searchin, mounting points are way different, u'd prolly have better luck with a type-s supercharger! both would need quite abit of custom fabrication!

D

·
Representin' DC5AB.COM
433 Posts
I type S Supercharger should work on a base. All you would need it a Type S throttle body and Kpro to disable the dual stage intake runners. If Comptech doesn't come out with it soon then I'm going to try the Type S one on my car. I'm sure I can make it work.

·
07 SI
808 Posts
which sc is better, the jackson racing sc or the comptech? n does the comptech also have the whislte sound like the jackson sc does?
thanks

·
13,138 Posts
i think u need a type-s intake, not throttle body. isnt the s/c a TB of its own? but yah, there are some custom fabrications u gota do to make it fit right. i'm sitll not exactly sure what.

i'm going to go to StevenC's comptech s/c install meet so i can try to compare the bolt-on locations. will take lots of pics.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
superchargers still use the stock TB
you can go to comptech's website and download a PDF of the install instructions to see what is necessary. I wish i could be there for steven's install :(

·
Boost is Better.
5,502 Posts
03DSM-RSX said:
i think u need a type-s intake, not throttle body. isnt the s/c a TB of its own? but yah, there are some custom fabrications u gota do to make it fit right. i'm sitll not exactly sure what.

i'm going to go to StevenC's comptech s/c install meet so i can try to compare the bolt-on locations. will take lots of pics.
who is steveC? does he have a base model or a type s?

·
put mo' chamomile on it
1,807 Posts
03DSM-RSX said:
sweet, keep us posted as this could be an interested development. i was curious about the little differences myself...

·
Boost is Better.
5,502 Posts
theserbatron said:
sweet, keep us posted as this could be an interested development. i was curious about the little differences myself...
true dat might be possible to do a custom fit to the base. keep us posted joe. :thumbsup: +rep

·
Registered
408 Posts
D Fabulous said:
do some searchin, mounting points are way different, u'd prolly have better luck with a type-s supercharger! both would need quite abit of custom fabrication!

D
So you are saying the Civic K20A3 has way different mounting points than the RSX base K20A3? So therefore it's not possible to mount Civic K20A3 supercharger without a ton of modifications :confused: ?

·
put mo' chamomile on it
1,807 Posts
pawlstevenz said:
So you are saying the Civic K20A3 has way different mounting points than the RSX base K20A3? So therefore it's not possible to mount Civic K20A3 supercharger without a ton of modifications :confused: ?
yes.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
It would be alot easier if someone would just ask me to tell them specific modifications that were done to the JRSC of the Type S to fit on the base. But if you guys want to do your own research and development then have fun lol

You need access to a machine shop though

·
put mo' chamomile on it
1,807 Posts
i VieTEC said:
It would be alot easier if someone would just ask me to tell them specific modifications that were done to the JRSC of the Type S to fit on the base. But if you guys want to do your own research and development then have fun lol

okay, just out of curiousity (and assuming i have a machine shop in my backyard), what specific modifications were done to the JRSC of the type s to fit on the base? what management? (i assume k-pro but that might be way off for all i know)

·
Registered
408 Posts
i VieTEC said:

So what are the specific modifications that were done to the Type S JRSC to fit on the base?

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
haha that was gonna be my next comment, ask ivietec! :)

·
Boost is Better.
5,502 Posts
pawlstevenz said:
So what are the specific modifications that were done to the Type S JRSC to fit on the base?
bump for that question....i wonder how fast a supercharged base model can run at the quarter mile. im thinking anywhere from high 13s to low 14s.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
pawlstevenz said:
Are you guys ready for some pictures? OK here we go.

A day at MD Automotive research and development shop of Jackson Racing.

This is Jackson Racing's very own Type S. The supercharger was tested on this car. Notice the engine bay with the K20A2, the red arrows are just two of the many places that had to be modified for the blower to fit on a K20A3.

Below is the blower on my K20A3. The whole piece of metal where the base throttle bolts on to the supercharger was replaced. Notice the custom welding job because the stock throttle body is now mounted with 180 degrees rotation from stock.

This piece of metal where the power steering is mounted had to be cut to make some clearance room

My throttle body is now mounted parallel with the engine like the Type S and not at an angle like the stock base position. Check the locations of where the sensors are on a stock base TB and compare it with mine, they are very different.

Look at these thin little spacers between the power steering and the mounting piece. Three of them were made for three different mounting bolts. I think they were 0.050" thick

Custom scissor plate brackets with aluminum idler pulleys different than the plastic idler pulleys of the Type S

Spacers to hold the alternator, different than Type S

Custom mounting bracket for power steering pump. Blower pulley has a different offset than the Type S. The difference is -0.050" maybe more

Dyno testing to check belt alignment
http://www.titanium-rsx.com/dyno.mpg

Hondata Tuned K-Pro
The two power curves are:
Before: CAI, JR Header (which added about 10HP from stock) and stock exhaust
After: Supercharger 4” pulley 440 injectors and tuning.

Now I'm running 3.7" pulley with AEM CAI, JR race header, Greddy SP2. The car feels night and day faster than before when the above dyno was done.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
ok so now who wants to become rich and figure out what needs to be done for the s kit from comptech and just sell those parts so we can buy the s kit? hahah :)

D

1641 - 1660 of 2125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.