Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Comptech Base Supercharger update

70K views 2K replies 150 participants last post by  The Mack 
#1 ·
I spoke to the Comptech rep yesterday at SEMA in Atlantic City here in NJ and he said that they will be producing a supercharger for the Base RSX
me and another member, RSX-Bob, talked to him for like half an hour about the S supercharger and the base supercharger

He said that the manifold has been adapted from the S to fit the base RSX and the TSX
he also said that the base will run a black box piggy back ECU program for the management of the base system - he said it will change the VTEC engagement point and i think he said something about changing the cam phasing but im not too sure (really cant remember that and the two other things he said the program will be doing)
he said expect the base kit to be around the same price as the Stage I kit for the S and it should be out in about 6 months - they are going to release the TSX kit first, then the base RSX kit - and a type S stage II kit should be out soon too
he said the major detail that needs to be finalized on the base kit is the piggy back system - they have 4 prototypes made so far and are working on finalizing the design

he also noted a few things about the SC kit that make it very unique:
the injectors are Honda injectors that are re-machined for higher fuel output - no messing with RC injectors
every bolt on the system is a honda bolt and will be the same size as the stock bolts - no needing to change sockets when removing the stock IM and putting on the SC
the kit can be purchased at the dealer and installed by the dealer - you will experience some warranty issues from Acura over it but if the kit breaks for any reason, Comptech will pay the dealer to pull the supercharger and fix it
he also said the kit is moderately easy to install by yourself - just need to read up on the directions on their site and take your time

oh one more thing - he said that the supercharger will be available for the base 5 speed and base auto RSX
time to start saving :D

See less See more
Reactions: njrsx1
#8 ·
sithlord said:
OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! FOR THE AUTO!! THE AUTO!!!!! :thumbsup:

no estimated date huh.
no - he said about six months for it

they just need to iron out the details with the piggy back system and start coming up with the online directions for the TSX and base kit

#11 ·
Shifu said:
5speed! 5speed! everybody is screaming auto...i thought i should scream 5speed! comptech says 6 months anything from JR?
i think the news is awesome for both the 5 speed and the auto

i personally have an auto and plan to start saving for it now but i know there are many other 5 speeds who will want this kit :thumbsup:

last thing i heard from JR was more delays on their kit :dontknow:

#13 ·
kurdtkobain87 said:
hey nirvanaandtool (by the way nirvana is the shit) are you 100 percent positive about the auto???
thanks - Nirvana is amazing :thumbsup:

yea
the Comptech rep at SEMA specifically said that the kit would be compatible for both the 5 speed and the auto
im pretty sure its the same deal with the TSX too because the TSX kit uses a similar piggy back system

#15 ·
lankyb said:
base this base that, what about the Stage 2 kit for the S?

Higher PSI pulley, new injectors, different K100/KPro setting, and an aftercooler? (That's my guess on what it should have.)
well we all have bases hence being why we care more about the base ....

im not too sure about the stage 2 kit details
i know they are working on an aftercooler - they are playing around with the fin setup to get the right amount of temperature drop and pressure drop over the aftercooler
i know you can get either a reflash or KPro and they are going to use a higher psi pulley on it
not sure on the injector details for it
hope that helps some :thumbsup:

#16 ·
omg! im so excited! cant wait! yeeepeeeee

#21 ·
NirvanaandTool said:
well we all have bases hence being why we care more about the base ....

im not too sure about the stage 2 kit details
i know they are working on an aftercooler - they are playing around with the fin setup to get the right amount of temperature drop and pressure drop over the aftercooler
i know you can get either a reflash or KPro and they are going to use a higher psi pulley on it
not sure on the injector details for it
hope that helps some :thumbsup:
Yeah, I saw it was a Base thread, but there was some good news for S people too! :D

#25 ·
anyone kno how much of a chunk this will take from my wallet?

#26 ·
thanks for the rep guys :thumbsup:

comptech has the S supercharger for 3500 on their online shop on their site
the rep at SEMA said to expect it around a similar price as the S kit - so im guessing from 3000 to 3500 in price for the base kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.