Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed a comptech header (not the race header) with a test pipe and Comptech exhaust. It was an amazing deal and the car feels much quicker. I don't regret even though my plans were to get a race header.

I'm wondering how much hp and torque I gained with this setup and how much I lost by not going with a RH?

· MechE
54 Posts
I'm also curious about race header VS. shorty header with test pipe gains.

Most of the race headers are a very gradual 4-2-1, while a shorty header and test pipe is like a quick 4-1, each of which can have there advantages

the long 4-2-1 seems like it would be good for top-end gains, but for someone like me who doesnt race, some low ends gains would be better for daily street driving fun

Bump for some opinions, or even better: some DYNOs!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy Thread Resurrection :eek:

If it helps I dynoed at 187 WHP with a 2004 Type S with Injen CAI, Comptech Shorty Header, 3 inch test pipe, and Comptech Exhaust. Everything else was stock.

· Representin' DC5AB.COM
276 Posts
From the dynos I've seen a car with the same mods just swapping the shorty+testpipe for raceheader. The one with the testpipe made 5-7hp more in the midrange over the raceheader and the raceheader made about 4-5hp more at peak. I have a shorty+testpipe and I really like it. It all depends on what you want more. Peak power of midrange??

· MechE
54 Posts
Laz said:
If it helps I dynoed at 187 WHP with a 2004 Type S with Injen CAI, Comptech Shorty Header, 3 inch test pipe, and Comptech Exhaust. Everything else was stock.
yes helpful, thanks

CanadianDC5 said:
From the dynos I've seen a car with the same mods just swapping the shorty+testpipe for raceheader. The one with the testpipe made 5-7hp more in the midrange over the raceheader and the raceheader made about 4-5hp more at peak. I have a shorty+testpipe and I really like it. It all depends on what you want more. Peak power of midrange??
very interesting, thats what I thought. but others seem to think race headers make more power of the entire rpm range. I am definately interested in mid-range of top-end. i drive 16 miles each way to work everyday, not 1/4 miles on the weekend. so it seems like it makes more sense for me to go the shorty and test pipe route.

anyone else care to comment?

· Hey Ya
271 Posts
where can i get a test pipe?

· Representin' DC5AB.COM
276 Posts
rickrsx said:
where can i get a test pipe?
Do you want one for the S or a Base?

· Hey Ya
271 Posts
for type S. i'm about to buy one that's 170 but i don't know if that's too much or if its a good one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.