Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just purchased a used Comptech Ice Box from a DC5 owner, now my question is this. Is the EP3 an DC5 Ice Box identical? I am having issues having everything lining up so i am wondering if there is a subtle difference between the two Ice Boxes.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The reason i am asking is because the intake tube that goes beneath the car isn't lining up right. Seems to be a little long?

·
2,848 Posts
Yes, they are identical. It says at the top of the installation instructions I have:

2002-2003 Honda Civic Si
2002-2003 Acura RSX

The only difference is on the Si, you have to trim your plastic splash panel to fit the inlet tube.

·
F1 Crew #3
3,430 Posts
actually i think they might be a little diff, if i remember correctly they had diff part numbers

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i am putting this one back up for sale. I don't have the time to make it work for my car i was looking for a quick install and it's not working out that way.

·
2,848 Posts
Well i am putting this one back up for sale. I don't have the time to make it work for my car i was looking for a quick install and it's not working out that way.
It should be pretty straightforward. The hardest part is "snaking" the snorkel down to mount on the transmission. What is the problem you are running into? I have the installation instructions in .pdf format if you need them (if you don't have instructions). Let me know.

·
Newbie DSM DC5
116 Posts
haha..don't flame me, but i think that justs look like stock air box "to me only". lol imo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts