Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
yawn..
Joined
·
22,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To clean up the o2 that "workes" thread..


Who has the comptech rh and o2 sim combo. How long and how is it doing.

also describe how you took out the sensor and install
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
I've had mine for about 3 months and it has worked without a hitch.

What are you worried about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
JTSmith said:
I've had mine for about 3 months and it has worked without a hitch.

What are you worried about?
Going on 2 weeks and no problems. Uninstalled the o2 sensors with an o2 sensor socket...reinstalled them in new header, put in o2 sim, connected it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,623 Posts
Jtsmith , im pretty sure alot ppl have asked u this already but.. why not go with a CAI instead of teh icebox? I am sure u will see better gains
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,672 Posts
zubz said:
Going on 2 weeks and no problems. Uninstalled the o2 sensors with an o2 sensor socket...reinstalled them in new header, put in o2 sim, connected it.
where can you get an o2 sensor socket and for how much?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
neorobert said:
Jtsmith , im pretty sure alot ppl have asked u this already but.. why not go with a CAI instead of teh icebox? I am sure u will see better gains
1. No chance of hydrolock
2. Quality
3. Easy access to filter
4. It's better when you start running big cams and high rpm to have the filter closer to the throttle body

I've checked dyno's of people with CAI and they seem to put up about the same numbers as me. And you have to remember that hondata#4 was tuned with a CAI so I'm planning on getting the K pro and doing some fine tuning.
 

·
yawn..
Joined
·
22,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why I have an ice box

-Hydrolock
-No need for washer fluid relocation
-Pretty easy Install
-Good inprovement overall
-Easy access, unscrewing a few screws you have access to the inside of the box
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
yeah
 

·
now on two wheels
Joined
·
6,467 Posts
i hooked mine up to the second o2 sensor after i extended the wires. i saudered(sp) the wireson the sim and my CEL is still on, should i just clear the code and try again?? that damn light is bothering the hell outa me. advice needed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
outsida said:
where can you get an o2 sensor socket and for how much?
Crescent wrench/Adjustable wrench. Worked for me. If not, an open-end 13 mm I believe, don't quote me on that.

I have had the comptech RH/O2 sim combo for over 2000 miles w/ no CEL. Install, just hook it up right. If you get a cel reverse it.
 

·
Chemical Soldier
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
outsida said:
where can you get an o2 sensor socket and for how much?
I picked one up at autozone. I think you just need to leave a deposit. I think one of my o2 sensors may be messed up. I have the comptech rh and 02 sim and my car throws a cel like once a week for a day or so. Any suggestions?
 

·
always bet on black
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
I'll answer for my brother who has this combo, but doesnt go into the NA section much. He had the combo for ~ 2 months with no CEL. Its his daily driver, so its seen a lot of start ups and miles since then. He took it off the O2 sim though since he got the K-PRO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,350 Posts
JTSmith said:
1. No chance of hydrolock
2. Quality
3. Easy access to filter
4. It's better when you start running big cams and high rpm to have the filter closer to the throttle body

I've checked dyno's of people with CAI and they seem to put up about the same numbers as me. And you have to remember that hondata#4 was tuned with a CAI so I'm planning on getting the K pro and doing some fine tuning.

:iamwiths: Too bad I am going to have to buy another one when I get cams with the proper flash and a race header in the near future...oh wellz :D .
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top