Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here. My next big purchase is a race header. I was planning on going with the Jackson racing header. It has some great gains from what I hear. I think i've seen 29whp with CAI and Catback exhaust. I was just wondering how much better(if it is better) the Comptech racing header is? Is it worth it to spend the extra 300-400 bucks for the comptech? Any help would be great. thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey K20tuner, seeing your dyno is one of the things that made me reconsider my choice of header. Seeing you put down 211 with those mods is quite impressive. It's actually pretty close to the set up i'm looking for. The only difference is I'm planning on getting the Fujitsubo exhaust and I can't see the exhaust making that big of a differnce. Thanks, I will check out the other forum.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
If you wanna stay legal and put a hi flo cat on there then the jackson is the way to go. otherwise the comptech shows much better gains.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I go with the comptech, how does that work when it comes to emissions testing? I can't imagine I'd pass emissions with the racing header. Would I have to have my stock one put back on?

·
Nobody knows but Jeebus..
14,888 Posts
RSXNNAZ said:
If I go with the comptech, how does that work when it comes to emissions testing? I can't imagine I'd pass emissions with the racing header. Would I have to have my stock one put back on?
The Comptech Race header eliminates the catylitic converter. Thus, you'd fail the emissions testing process, both visually as well as the sniff test or whatever they call it. You'd have to go back to stock.

If you're worried, get the JR Race header and have a high-flow cat welded onto the test pipe. Its still cheaper than the Comptech.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
RSXNNAZ said:
Hey K20tuner, seeing your dyno is one of the things that made me reconsider my choice of header. Seeing you put down 211 with those mods is quite impressive. It's actually pretty close to the set up i'm looking for. The only difference is I'm planning on getting the Fujitsubo exhaust and I can't see the exhaust making that big of a differnce. Thanks, I will check out the other forum.
Well, it was STD and not SAE. SAE usually registers 2-4% lower than STD. So, SAE would be about 203-207 range, but still good enough for me.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
How are those motor mounts? I have heard good things and bad things, but I haven't installed mine yet. Does it vibrate really bad? How about compared to a torque dampener?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
cool, I was gonna do a torque dampener instead, but if they really don't vibrate that bad I will still use them.

How long did it take you to install and how hard was it?

·
Modificato
608 Posts
Screw passing emissions. Just get someone to hook you up. You need to build up your networks and eventually you can find someone to do it between 100-300 dollars.

·
!!!Master Member!!!
5,969 Posts
BigDawg said:
cool, I was gonna do a torque dampener instead, but if they really don't vibrate that bad I will still use them.

How long did it take you to install and how hard was it?
mm's are really not that bad but if you are going to do alot of track runs then get them. if you just get that and drive on a daily basis it gets annoying. the next time i take my car to the shop to do more things to it MM's are coming OFFFF. i dont really go to the track much so i dont really have a need for it.

K20tuner good to see that you love the header.

·
Registered
13 Posts
header issue.

you are mistaken. it will not be an extra 300-400 as you mentioned. the toda header will cost you $1,000 - $1,100, but you are forgetting that you are required to also purchase the japanese DC5 lower sway bar. the toda racing header is intended to fit a japanse type r and the american rsx type s has a different sway bar. the toda header will hit the sway bar. this is a requirement to buying the toda header. the total price will be $1,300 - $1,400.

unless you've got cash to burn, this is a serious expense.

i am currently running the jackson racing header and it does an excellent job and the construction quality is top notch.

go with the jackson header.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
I've read some people complaining about the smell of gas in the car with the Jackson header. Can anyone comment on this?

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
This is killing me. We have only 2 race headers and 3 or 4 shit shorty headers. But there's 14,233 cat-backs to assuage all of the spikey haired teenage dillweeds.

How hard is it to fabricate a mandrel bent 60mm header for cheap? I want a cat, if only to keep that CEL off. You would think I was asking for a cure for cancer. Why no hp header with longer primaries? It doesn't need to be pretty, just functional.

1400 for toda (which is really 55 mm with the tubing walls measured btw). 1000 for Comptech. 600 bucks for the JR one... but it's showing no better gains then shorty with a hf cat.

I'm so confused. I'm months to a year for having to worry about this anyway...

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
DC Sports is releasing their race header soon, I think Optauto.com has it on pre-order for like $350.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts