Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
definitions said:
i know that hondata hasnt release a flash or k-pro without using the adapter yet. does that mean i cant get the CTSC yet? i really want to go supercharged!
You can't get it yet then.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
as long as you got kpro, go whatever :)

550 work up to 9psi just dandy. but if you're going other things, then get bigger

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
There was another thing i was gonna ask, that i think should go on the FAQ.
As we know, comptech supplies a reflash for their SC. Either it be the K100 supplied or reflashing your Kpro. On their website, it says that you can still maintain the datalogging.

But there was something about it, that you cannot re-map unless the supplied SC map has been deleted.
"Comptech ECU Map is locked, and must be deleted in order to make any changes"

What’s the whole point of it then? If there was knocking or A/F issues and you see it in your datalog, but you can’t fix it anyway!? Doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of “programmable” ECU?

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
joejoe3 said:
There was another thing i was gonna ask, that i think should go on the FAQ.
As we know, comptech supplies a reflash for their SC. Either it be the K100 supplied or reflashing your Kpro. On their website, it says that you can still maintain the datalogging.

But there was something about it, that you cannot re-map unless the supplied SC map has been deleted.
"Comptech ECU Map is locked, and must be deleted in order to make any changes"

What’s the whole point of it then? If there was knocking or A/F issues and you see it in your datalog, but you can’t fix it anyway!? Doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of “programmable” ECU?
Well, if you have K-Pro and their locked map you can datalog. The data will give you lots of information and teach you a bunch about your engine and how it runs. However, you can't change the Comptech map. You are, however, free to clear the map and upload one of the many available SC calibrations. They all work well as starting points and often provide more power (because the locked Comptech must, by definition, be a "one size fits all").

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
if you are the type of person that wants to self tweak, then not getting the comptech program is the way to go.

but if you are the type of person that just wants it to work without you messing with it, then get the comptech program.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I got my K100 with the CTSC kit. When I want to upgrade to KPRO, do I have to purchase it through Comptech? Or can I buy the KPRO from any dealer?

I seem to remember somone having trouble with this.

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
Well, if everything you guys are saying is correct.
Basically upgrading to kpro from k100, you still cannot tune the map, but only thing extra is datalogging and other kpro fuctions.

So if u are planning to upgrade k100 to Kpro and not dyno tune, forget it waste of money for a few more fuctions on the ECU... if u are planning to dyno tune from scratch then get the kpro from anywhere.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
nwrsx, i think u have to get the dealer that did your k100 install do the k100->kpro upgrade. in that case, the dealer would be comptech. make sure with hondata on that though.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I got a ? I was reading the Thread and I didn't see anything about the initial Reflash that comes with the SC

I'm wanting to know about problems and what not with the Stage 1 flash and also the stage 2 flash?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
the flashes were designed so that there would be no foreseeable problems as long as the equipment you have on the engine is as specified as the flash or comparable.

I don't know if enough ppl are even running the stage 2 flash in order to see if there are any problems. ppl would probably just upgrade to kpro either from the beginning, or after stage 1.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
So if I buy the stage 2 ctsc from lynnwood w/kpro. . will it come pre-loaded with ct flash for stage 2 so that it is basically plug and play?

Also where is the best place w/the best price to buy the stage 2 kit?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
530 Posts
Quick question. After reading acouple of times, I didn't see the gass mileage decreaes when using the Stage 2. With the larger capacity injectors does the mileage decrease drastically?

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
not to a significant degree because it's the capacity that changes. not the amount of fuel you're injecting for cruising.

think of it like this. the fuel system is yer garden hose. the injector is the garden hose nozzle. if you get a bigger nozzle, it only means that you can open the nozzle less in order to get the same amount of water out of the nozzle. just because it can handle putting out MORE water doesn't mean it has to.

i get avg 25mpg up to 27mpg during my normal driving. which is what a stock rsx gets anywya

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
358 Posts
Is it really okay to use the 550 injectors, that comptech prodvides on their website, for the 3.3 or 3.1 inch pullies, or do I have to get 650s? I'm asking becasue I did search all around, and it seems to me that the answer really isn't too clear. Some people are saying its okay to run those injectors provided by comptech for the comptech SC, and some people are saying that it will be just like the jackson racing SC and will require you to get 650 injectors if you want to run 3.3 or smaller pully. Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

21 - 40 of 212 Posts