Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a dc5 board but this is for my friends 07 si.

Me and a friend of mine have been installin his comptech supercharger kit for a few days little by little(since we both work full time) and we have the entire kit on the vehicle. We try to crank the vehicle over and it just cranks and doesnt start. We have fuel all the way to the rail , we have spark coming out of each coil pack and each plug is firing off. We have double checked that the fpr was crushed correctly using their provided tool and it has. All sensors and vacuum lines are hooked up and we are at a dead end. Btw we also pulled the rail and physically watched the injectors spray fuel so its getting fuel and spark.

Was wondering if anyone else had this issue before and if the reflash from honda could have been messed up somehow?

G

·
did upgrade injectors? fuel pump? maybe running to rich and u have fouled plugs?
Where do you guys come from? You wouldn't dare stick your head in the room of the regular blower chat, but the minute another noob posts something.... :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Re. the OP's issue, if he truly has spark and fuel, 99.9% it's electrical. I would vote for bad ECU ground first, then go from there. OP, good luck.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the kit doesnt come with any fuel system parts. They actually send you a tool that crushes the factory fuel pressure regulator so that you can get more flow to the factory injectors. We checked all of the sensors and engine grounds over 50 times and all the lines are ran correctly. We need to recheck the ecu plug in's though because we overlooked that. I will check that and reply.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
the kit doesnt come with any fuel system parts. They actually send you a tool that crushes the factory fuel pressure regulator so that you can get more flow to the factory injectors. We checked all of the sensors and engine grounds over 50 times and all the lines are ran correctly. We need to recheck the ecu plug in's though because we overlooked that. I will check that and reply.
is it just me or does that sound like a complete bodge? :eek:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all of the ecu plug in's look fine. has anyone heard of hondata screwin up a flash , or sending the n/a flash instead of the comptech one?

G

·
all of the ecu plug in's look fine. has anyone heard of hondata screwin up a flash , or sending the n/a flash instead of the comptech one?
The reflash wouldn't matter. The car would still start and idle but run like crap in boost. Again, 99.9% that it is something during the installation and I am still thinking it is electrical. Can nobody over on 8th Gen Civic help you on this? We don't really know the FA5 around here.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they are saying pretty much the same thing. But he cranked over the car for a bit and it actually ran really rough until he let go of the key and then it died. So for now I'm gonna rule out an ecu problem.

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
I appologize for being off topic but I wonder if this is possible on the RSX? I wouldn't mind crushing a simple part to get a little more flow.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can't believe Comptech says to crush something to get more fuel........My brother has a stock fpr in his ep3 with an upgraded fuel pump and he's pushing 408 to the wheels without any lean problems. I have a feeling that maybe you really did crush the fpr and it doesn't work. Can you hook up a pressure gauge to see what your pressure is? Should be around 50psi.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't believe Comptech says to crush something to get more fuel........My brother has a stock fpr in his ep3 with an upgraded fuel pump and he's pushing 408 to the wheels without any lean problems. I have a feeling that maybe you really did crush the fpr and it doesn't work. Can you hook up a pressure gauge to see what your pressure is? Should be around 50psi.
we dont have a fuel pressure gauge but im sure gettin one wouldnt be a bad idea. Ct says that crushin the fpr increases fuel pressure by 10 psi or so and I agree that its pretty fuckin ghetto to have to do that.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have done that install on the FG and an FA...Paypal me $19.99 for the answer..:D
lol if it fixes the problem i will paypal you the money seriously

1 - 20 of 35 Posts