Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 4662 Posts

·
1320 warrior!
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for Conrad, he's the man that will be testing the comptech charger within weeks and he should post here all his info. Keep us updated man.
I hope the aftercooler kit comes out at the same time, that would be great. If it's anything like the s2k unit, it will be an awsome kit.
I'm waiting for this charger to come out to compare it with the JRSC, best bang for the buck gets my money.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I too will be anxiously awaiting the verdict on this. Comptech usually doesn't disappoint though, so my expectations are quite high :)

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
lanman2000 said:
i just wonder how much it will be.... :dontknow:
Shad at Comptech mentioned they would be competitive with the JRSC and probably be in the $3,000 and $3,300 range.

The conflicting info is interesting. Shad himself told me four weeks ago it would be about another another month and then affirmed that in an email. However, it seems other people who inquired via email got different answers. I'll probably stop by next week to see for myself. I offered they could have my car for a while if they need to do testing/finetuning.

To reiterate what I know so far:

1) The Comptech charger is already successfully running in a TSX and has been installed in a RSX.

2) It will be a newer and larger SC than Jackson uses, though unless Eaton has a 5th gen blower I am not aware of, I am not sure what else is available.

3) The installation hardware (brackets, tensioners, etc.) looks extremely well designed and manufactured.

4) An intercooler is under development also. It will not come with the basic package, but can be ordered as an option. It will sit between the compressor and the custom manifold.

5) Comptech will get CARB approval for their base system, which means they'll need to use some sort of digital fuel management. However, there is no reason why the K-Pro cannot be used.

6) Base power gains could be in the 50 whp range, with Hondata and the aftercooler adding quite a bit.

7) Initial boost will be in the 5 psi range.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I've had my eye on the JRSX for quite some time now, but I think it would be in my best interest to be patient for a bit and see what Comptech has in store for us. I'm looking at getting the JRSC w/7psi and K-Pro, so I would be looking for Comptech to come out with something similar, at or around the same price, for me to swing their way.

I'll most def. be keeping my eye on this thread for future info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm very intersested in this kit. I've been waiting soem time now because I almost have the money for CN Stage 2, but have been wanting to see how the Comptech SC does. In my opinion from what I have seen on other SCs of theirs, it will blow away the JRSC, but only time will tell.

·
Registered
210 Posts
EBP-RSX-S said:
I try searching the tsx forums and there's not 1 thread about any chargers. My guess is Comptech is keeping it low low.
I don't know about that. I've already read a little article in SSC or some mag about it.

·
OSU Welding Engineering
395 Posts
I'm interested too, I've had this itch for boost. I've been researching the JRSC quite a bit also, but I'll definately wait for this.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,280 Posts
hey conrad...next time you talk to them ask about warranty issues. thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
if the sc is in the 3-3300 range, does any one have an idea about how much the aftercooler might cost? no hondata included?

·
Registered
161 Posts
well if the jrsc race version comes with hondata then i would assume that the comptech would too. also it should be in about the same price range to compete with eachother i guess. o well we'll c

·
now on two wheels
6,467 Posts
Conrad- can you give us any specs on what different types of kits will be coming out. i.e. jackson has the race and street kit. will comptech be releasing the same kind of deal?

·
Asian dude
3,145 Posts
I'm guessing it might look like the cl/tl kit where the shaft extends across the header. That would be a logical location for the unit. And the aftercooler would just hook up straight to the throttle body in between.

1 - 20 of 4662 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.