Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased some JDM headlights from www.jhpusa.com about a month ago, and yesterday it was raining here in SoCal and I came out to my car after work around 4pm and their was what looked like dew or condensation in my left headlight, I figured it would just evaporate or something but now its 8:15 pm the next day and it hasnt gone away, is this normal? the car sat in the sun today for about 2 hours...should I be upset, or is this normal? thanks for the help

·
'02 RSX-S
525 Posts
I don't know anything about the specific headlights but no, that's not normal. Headlights shouldn't get any water in them. You can get some silicone sealant and go all around where the gap is on the headlight halves. It's a pain in the ass, I had to do it a couple of times on my Integra, and the water really makes the car look ghetto.

·
BeKWeeZee
1,302 Posts
What you need to do is pull the high beam bulb out, turn on your low beam lights for about an hour or until all the moister is gone, and then reseal your contact points. But it is probly your rubber boots, if they authentic JDM, there shouldnt be a defective seal. If you just silicone it now and do fix the leak, your going to keep all the moisture that is in there now locked in there forever.

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i popped off the rubber round peice on the highbeam for about 2 hours and it all went away, put it back on, and drove around, and it fogged up by the time i got home...wtf?

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does this lead to anything else?

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my solution since when i take the rubber peice off for the high beam the condensation goes away, ive just kept the rubber peice off and it doesnt come back, is it bad to keep that rubber peice off? since i never use my high beams i cant see why it would be except i lose the high beams since its unplugged

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my solution since when i take the rubber peice off for the high beam the condensation goes away, ive just kept the rubber peice off and it doesnt come back, is it bad to keep that rubber peice off? since i never use my high beams i cant see why it would be except i lose the high beams since its unplugged
???

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so it isnt bad to drive around without the high beam rubber boot on?

·
Registered
466 Posts
My suggestion... use those silica gel packs you get in shoes and beef jerky. Put it inside the high beam boot. It will keep the condensation out.

I've had 2 sets of JDM HID's and it works like a charm. Try to put some string on the gel pack so you can pull it out later if need be. 2-3 in each side should be good.

·
7,611 Posts
so it isnt bad to drive around without the high beam rubber boot on?
I've been doing it now for a couple of months after tiring of taking them off and putting them back on all the time.

I've yet to see Acura headlights that don't accumulate condensation, IDK why they don't vent them like other manufacturers do.

If I get around to it, I may drill a hole and use a rubber tube with a hook in it to prevent water from splashing big time into the headlamps.

You know, come to think of it, I just gave my engine compartment a power wash last week and never noticed any appreciable condensation in the headlamps, with the high beam boots removed.

·
05 G35 6MT
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmm well i have had my rubber boot off of my driver side high beam for about a week or so now, whenever i posted this orignally, and they never fogged up again, obviously, but tonight i looked and...i know it sounds funny, but in the corner of the headlight it looks like a little bit of an icicle shape...i live in san diego so its not snowing outside, but it does get relatively cold at night, so i just put my rubber boot back on because i was afraid this icicle shape would get bigger, right now its about the size of a quarter so no big deal...weird, any thoughts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.