Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my RSX Type-S around 5 years ago because I moved, had two cars, and didn't want to deal with a manual car where I moved to. All of a sudden when I'm walking around parking lots and very much miss that car.

That thing fit like a glove and was so much fun to drive. I wish I hadn't sold it and figured out a way to store it instead.

I've had several regrets in my life but this one hits me the hardest.

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,650 Posts
I sold my RSX Type-S around 5 years ago because I moved, had two cars, and didn't want to deal with a manual car where I moved to. All of a sudden when I'm walking around parking lots and very much miss that car.

That thing fit like a glove and was so much fun to drive. I wish I hadn't sold it and figured out a way to store it instead.

That’s a strong feel fren. What makes it worse, they are hard to come by, with out them being abused 😩💔

Luckily for me, I have a different car project. But before I pick it up, I was missing my RSX a lot. There’s other great cars out there too, you might want to look into.. like a S2K or a B series car.

If you truly want another RSX, I would keep my eyes on https://bringatrailer.com/ there’s a good chance a clean RSX will pop up at some point

·
Registered
561 Posts
i know the feeling man. I feel the same way about my 1992 Prelude SI. that car was incredible! I loved the interior, the H series motor was a lot of fun even though it burned oil. The worst part is i got into an accident with it and i never got the chance to build it how i wanted, so i sold it to a coworker for $500 and he fixed it up. Its one of those things I've thought about literally every single day since i got rid of it. I WILL own another one some day hopefully soon. and then ill build it up exactly like I've envisioned all these years.

Good luck with your search man. I truly hope you get yourself another DC5!

·
Registered
21 Posts
That’s a strong feel fren. What makes it worse, they are hard to come by, with out them being abused 😩💔

Luckily for me, I have a different car project. But before I pick it up, I was missing my RSX a lot. There’s other great cars out there too, you might want to look into.. like a S2K or a B series car.

If you truly want another RSX, I would keep my eyes on https://bringatrailer.com/ there’s a good chance a clean RSX will pop up at some point
I had a 2002 base model, and when I went to replace it, I did a targeted search on Used Acura RSX for Sale Near Me (with Photos) - CARFAX I found an almost-stock 2006 Type S 300 miles away.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I haven’t even sold yet and already I having second thoughts. I am original owner of a red ‘06 RSX
Tyoe S. Completely stock. 115,000 miles . I am on third set of tires and brakes, although I think I only did rear brakes twice. That’s about it other than having center arm rest reupholstered I have not replaced anything more than air and oil filters. It’s even got original clutch and muffler. I’ve had a lot of fun cars but with the exception of ‘66 small-block Vette roadster nothing as much fun to drive as this completely trouble-free car.

A few little cosmetic things on the body have been bugging me. It’s always been a daily driver. I have never owned a car where so many people came up to compliment me on how great it looks or offered to buy it. I got some estimates for fixing these minor body issues and painting entire car and got a little over 10K. One guy offered to fix all the body stuff and paint roof and trunk lid (the only thing that had faded) for $4,700.

mbut I decided that in addition to that something lekse has to go wrong sooner or later, but I’d be shocked to hell if it was in the engine-drive train. I pay for paint and body work and the A/C goes out. Or something else like that.

Been looking at new Toyota GR 86 and it’s sounding like a decent replacement. Figuring the way things are all messed up I figure I won’t be able to get the Toyota until at least June. In the meantime I will be pleased as hell to keep driving my RSX. When one does become available I’ll list it on this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts