Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had decided on gettin hondata #4, but now that i've seen the toda header dyno i'm debating on moving it from #2 on my list to #1 and do hondata later.

if i get the toda first i wont get hondata #4, but the kpro instead. if i get hondata first i'll get #4, then the toda header and wait a bit to get kpro so that i dont just waste the $100 for the upgrade. so should i get toda first or get hondata first? which do you guys think would give better results to do first?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
silver RSX-S said:
i had decided on gettin hondata #4, but now that i've seen the toda header dyno i'm debating on moving it from #2 on my list to #1 and do hondata later.

if i get the toda first i wont get hondata #4, but the kpro instead. if i get hondata first i'll get #4, then the toda header and wait a bit to get kpro so that i dont just waste the $100 for the upgrade. so should i get toda first or get hondata first? which do you guys think would give better results to do first?
Get the Hondata first. The Toda scavenges so well, that you might be running lean without the extra fuel that Hondata throws in at the top end, especially with a CAI.

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
silver RSX-S said:

If you consider doing frequent and somewhat radical mods (and I see replacing the cat with a race header as radical) then I'd start out with the K-Pro. That way you get whatever Hondata considers the optimal reflash for a stock or near stock Type-S right now, and you can reprogramm the ECU later on, after each additional mod. A static reflash is just a stop-gap solution that you'll have to replace anyway.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
conradb212 said:
If you consider doing frequent and somewhat radical mods (and I see replacing the cat with a race header as radical) then I'd start out with the K-Pro. That way you get whatever Hondata considers the optimal reflash for a stock or near stock Type-S right now, and you can reprogramm the ECU later on, after each additional mod. A static reflash is just a stop-gap solution that you'll have to replace anyway.

correctamundo :thumbsup:

·
always bet on black
2,628 Posts
K-PRO, the possabilities are endless. My brother has it, and we will be dynoing his car again soon. I feel like a kid in a candy store....what flash's should I use each run? All I can say is I get a big :) everytime I think about the choices...Oh, and saving $100 is nice too.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
You know, it would be kinda cool for Hondata to do a new flash for CAI/header. I understand that this is what the K-pro is for, but my problem is finding someone to tune it. Or rather, finding someone I TRUST to tune it. Funds aren't the problem, I'd love to get the K-pro. But like I said, it's hard to turn your car over to someone that doesn't REALLY know the K series. And so far, options down here in south florida are pretty far and few between.

·
always bet on black
2,628 Posts
Sacrifice said:
You know, it would be kinda cool for Hondata to do a new flash for CAI/header. I understand that this is what the K-pro is for, but my problem is finding someone to tune it. Or rather, finding someone I TRUST to tune it. Funds aren't the problem, I'd love to get the K-pro. But like I said, it's hard to turn your car over to someone that doesn't REALLY know the K series. And so far, options down here in south florida are pretty far and few between.
Well, there is kinda like a flash like that on the K-PRO, just that its CAI/header/ITR cams. When we get on the dyno again, we are gonna hopefully do three runs.
1nd RUN: Comptech RH + Dynotuned CAI Flash
2nd RUN: Toda RH + Dynotuned CAI Flash
3rd RUN: Toda RH + CAI/header/ITR cams flash

My brother doesnt have a ITR cams, so well see if the flash is okay to run without the cams. We'll datalog the runs to make sure. Also, Jeramy dynotuned my brothers car and did a pretty good job. Since his wife races professionally, he travels a lot, and you might be able to snag him to dynotune your car while he's down in FL or GA.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DallasTypeS said:
Well, there is kinda like a flash like that on the K-PRO, just that its CAI/header/ITR cams. When we get on the dyno again, we are gonna hopefully do three runs.
1nd RUN: Comptech RH + Dynotuned CAI Flash
2nd RUN: Toda RH + Dynotuned CAI Flash
3rd RUN: Toda RH + CAI/header/ITR cams flash

My brother doesnt have a ITR cams, so well see if the flash is okay to run without the cams. We'll datalog the runs to make sure. Also, Jeramy dynotuned my brothers car and did a pretty good job. Since his wife races professionally, he travels a lot, and you might be able to snag him to dynotune your car while he's down in FL or GA.
sounds good. my main concern was having someone tune it also... guess i'll have to hit up the regional boards to find someone in GA or nearby to do it.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
silver RSX-S said:
sounds good. my main concern was having someone tune it also... guess i'll have to hit up the regional boards to find someone in GA or nearby to do it.
You've got 2 choices around this side of the state. Balanced in Sugar Hill (NE side of Atlanta) and Knowledge Performance (NW side of Atlanta). Balanced is doing it's first K-Pro possibly this coming up weekend (Swwifty's car), then mine in a couple of weeks. Knowledge's owner, Joe, went to the East Coast seminar on the K-Pro and he owns an RSX, so he knows whats up.

Balanced runs a dynojet, and Knowledge runs a dynapack.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigDawg said:
You've got 2 choices around this side of the state. Balanced in Sugar Hill (NE side of Atlanta) and Knowledge Performance (NW side of Atlanta). Balanced is doing it's first K-Pro possibly this coming up weekend (Swwifty's car), then mine in a couple of weeks. Knowledge's owner, Joe, went to the East Coast seminar on the K-Pro and he owns an RSX, so he knows whats up.

Balanced runs a dynojet, and Knowledge runs a dynapack.
i live in the savannah area right now for college, but i can ride up to the NE side of ATL when i go to my 'rents house, they live on the SE side of ATL. i'll definately hit them up (will be a while b/c i wont get tuned until i get race header or cams)

·
Supreme
1,940 Posts
ok so, the k pro is 100 more than #4?? how much is it excatly and if i was to get the #4 first it would be 100 more for the k pro?

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jesustsa said:
ok so, the k pro is 100 more than #4?? how much is it excatly and if i was to get the #4 first it would be 100 more for the k pro?

hondata #4 flash is $595
k-pro is $995
upgrade from hondata flash to kpro is $500

1 - 13 of 13 Posts