Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
EVO X
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..im confused..i was told that the bov is installed on the piping to the throttle body...but im looking at pictures of turbo rsx's, and it seems like the bov is installed on the piping to the turbo? which one is it??

my other question is i have the hks ssqv...im gonna be using 2.5 pipes...should i get the 50mm or the 65 mm flange?

thanx!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
it is installed between the throttlebody and the intercooler (if intercooled) or between the turbo and the throttle body when non-intercooled...

its on the pipe connected to the TB... usually within 12 inches of it

·
EVO X
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
supertuner said:
technically its installed anywhere between the compressor and throttle body, intercooled or not, but the closer to the TB the better. Also use the 65mm flange :thumbsup:

thanx...but the 65mm is around 2.55 inches..is that gonna be a litlle too big for the 2.5 pipes?

·
Traction is for pussies
2,645 Posts
eling99 said:
okay..now that i know its between the intercooler and the throttle body....how come im looking at pictures, and it looks like it is installed between the turbo and the throttle body???
you're looking at pictures of CN kits and that is how they do it with their kits

·
Traction is for pussies
2,645 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
compressor surge
ah

so would you guys reccomend at this point for CN owners to move theirs closer to the throttle body?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.