Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we just finished up Bip Bip's Stage I installation and put it on the dyno. Results?! Here are the numbers. Keep in mind that these numbers where obtained on the first and second pass on the dyno. No tuning was needed for these results.

319.9whp and 222.1 ft trq @10 psi.
303.4whp and 206.5 ft trq. @ 7psi.

These numbers are due in part to a new turbo setup we are using. It is designed to spool a little later to help with traction and drivability. This new turbo setup is going to be a new option for our Stage I kits.

·
1,232 Posts
nice chris :thumbsup:

btw this is Ti keep up the good work I wanna be back in FL soon ok :driving:

·
Registered
715 Posts
how much?

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
hey chris....its me matt. Quick question. We there suppose to be new rod and cap bearings that come with the rods?? I didnt get any if so. also, ill pm you later with a question about the fuel pump set up. Ive got it about 98% done but want to be sure about everything.

BTW, these products are very nice looking and feel like great quality. if your thinking about going turbo go with CN. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
how much extra is it for the different turbo

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
My thanks to Lee, Chris, Richie, Cleve, and Jason for their hard work and dedication on my car. I don't think any company can compare to the service and customer satisfaction that Cybernation offers. I've fallen in love with my car once again.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Bip Bip said:
My thanks to Lee, Chris, Richie, Cleve, and Jason for their hard work and dedication on my car. I don't think any company can compare to the service and customer satisfaction that Cybernation offers. I've fallen in love with my car once again.

You are welcome and enjoy the car my friend. What is so special about your car is the fact that it broke 300whp at 7psi. Which is a first considering that we have used that turbo before.

CONGRATULAIONS ON YOUR OTHER BIG EVENT. She is beautiful.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Inprogress2 said:
those are great numbers bip bip congrats to you and cn

one question though,
how come theres a 16.5 whp difference b/w 10 and 7 psi?
Because it is the characteristic of the larger turbo to maintain torque at the higher RPMs and when you convert that using the HP formula you will realize that maintaining just a little more tq at higher rpms will translate into rather surprising wheel hp gains.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
So why is there such a discrepency between cars and how much power they make at 7-12psi and your turbos? Is it just the build quality of each engine that makes them more powerful, or perhaps tuning? Even though you mentioned this car wasnt tuned, Im wondering if my car will make power like this, or is it by chance that his car performs so well with the turbo?

·
Registered
568 Posts
jdub12 said:
So why is there such a discrepency between cars and how much power they make at 7-12psi and your turbos? Is it just the build quality of each engine that makes them more powerful, or perhaps tuning? Even though you mentioned this car wasnt tuned, Im wondering if my car will make power like this, or is it by chance that his car performs so well with the turbo?
While some engines will perform better than others the main difference here is the type of turbo used as well as the clutch. The car was not dyno tuned the numbers were programmed into the Apexi just the same as we always recommend to our customers. The car was then strapped to the dyno and measured in 3rd gear. The AF ratio was perfect and only 2 runs were needed with no adjustments to the Apexi other that the base setting we recommend.

·
Hey Ya
518 Posts
What turbo is he using on this set up. I like the fact that it will spool up later and help with the traction problem.

·
ASSISTANT MASTER MECHANIC
2,389 Posts
Bip Bip, what's up? It's wunluv. My username is jacked up right now. I'm trying to figure out wtf.

But I had to congratulate you. That's sick for stage 1. See you at the meet Sunday. w00t!!!!! I'll bring the ice;)

Happy New Year Everyone:wavey:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
PasSNuBye said:
Bip Bip, what's up? It's wunluv. My username is jacked up right now. I'm trying to figure out wtf.

But I had to congratulate you. That's sick for stage 1. See you at the meet Sunday. w00t!!!!! I'll bring the ice;)

Happy New Year Everyone:wavey:
Thanks wunluv, I'm gonna try and make it on Sunday but theres a chance that my stay here will be cut short.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts