Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few questions though.
Should I get the 2008 or wait for the 2009..brand new. And what are the pros and cons about the car.

No, RSX-S is not an option.

·
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Discuss.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I picked up my 07 in late December of 06, so I will be coming up on 2 years with it now. Pros and cons of the car IMO.

Pro

Sound- Even stock the motor sounds great

Body style- Some disagree, but I love the of the coupe.

Motor- Basically the same as the RSX, you got the idea, 200 hp 8000 Redline

Performance- I gained roughly 25 hp from stock with basic bolt ons.

Sound System- Really nice for a stock system IMO

Steering wheel controls- They are really usefull, never used to use them, but once I did I cant stop. Really usefull feature.

Handling- Honestly Im not a race car driver. Never participated an actual event, but the car takes on ramps, interchanges, offramps, and mountain roads like a champ. Never had a bit of fuss out of the car, besides the crappy stock michilens screaming :D

Road noise- Suprisingly quiet for a civic. Much quieter than my last civic.

CONS
-Interior plastics are a little finiky. The plastic on the door seems to scuff easily.

-Very large windshield. This causes a few things I do not like. First it gets hot as hell in this car, and I believe the windshield to be the cause. Also it makes it so you cannot see the hood of your car no matter how hard you try.

-Personally I really dont mind the digital display, but I prefure a standard analog speedo.

-3rd gear does have the same issues as the rest of hondas 6 speeds. I guess the 08 and 09 have been fixed tho :dontknow:

-Rear seat room (Coupe) It seems to be the same size as the type s backseat, its hard to fit more than 2 male passengers in the car.

-Blind spots in the coupe.

Thats all I can think of for now, over all I love my car, and do not have any regrets. Well mabye I should have gotten the Navi, but that is all lol. Hope this helped

·
DC5-R (車両型式に&#1
2,744 Posts
if rsx-s isnt an option and you wanted one..than this is your car..its the same thing..go for a sedan ;) and yes @ stock its amazing..

·
i aint even mad!
3,391 Posts
like i mentioned in the other thread, DBW is a major issue with this car.

·
DC5-R (車両型式に&#1
2,744 Posts
like i mentioned in the other thread, DBW is a major issue with this car.
not even..the major issue is the interior creaking just like the damn rsx..i've had both.

·
cruisin in the 808 state
204 Posts
you should wait till tomrorow to see what the 2009 models will look like. supposed to have jdmish looking grill/bumper up front on the sedan. i might be selling my rsx-s in for a 09 fa5 too.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
DBW is NOT a big issue. Honestly, when I owned my RSX-S I went in and drove an Si coupe blindly (without having read anything about them) and didn't even really notice the DBW...

Now that I own an Si coupe, I must say I can barley notice it and it does not bother me in one little way at all. I can see if you are going to mod the hell out of your car, maybe it may become an issue to you but if you are going to do simple mods, I can't see it being a big problem.

I'll send you a useful PM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah the dbw isn't really an issue. I say go out and testdrive one.

--Korea

·
i aint even mad!
3,391 Posts
well i guess everyone has their own views on things. me personally, i could definetly tell the lag it had on acceleration do to the dbw. its not major but its still there. another thing was that i really never got use to the huge dash and the speedo being up top. as much as i wanted to ignore it, i couldnt so i made the trade.

·
Curious Gooner
3,717 Posts
wait for 09.... new cars ftw! u will be the 1st owner :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts