Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's going on I'm looking to upgrade my stock control arms and struts as they are both destroyed and was looking at the race land coilovers as they are relativity forgiving in price and wanted to know if those ride well? And on the other hand my control arms need to get replaced I'd rather buy some performance ones and wanted to know which are good for under 400$ help me out thankyou

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you'll spend up to $400 on control arms but you're on a Raceland budget for coilovers?
Yeah or any price control arms for that matter since your speaking as if 400$ is a lot to spend on that. I never got around to swapping control arms before and yeah I'm gonna stick with some race lands I've heard decent feedback from them

·
WILDCARD!
1,190 Posts
Yeah or any price control arms for that matter since your speaking as if 400$ is a lot to spend on that. I never got around to swapping control arms before and yeah I'm gonna stick with some race lands I've heard decent feedback from them
You seem to have no clue what anything costs. Control arms don't cost $400, they cost around $100-$200. Even if you want the best, name brand LCAs, they shouldn't cost you more than a bit over $200.

You don't need the best, though. They're lower control arms. Most of them are the exact same size and do the exact same thing that the factory LCA's do, but they look shinier. Just pick whatever ones look good to you in whatever color you want.

Spend more money on your coilovers, please.

·
Waifu Deluxe
758 Posts
Are there even that many options for LCAs for our cars anyway? I think they are all just OE varients.

·
WILDCARD!
1,190 Posts
Are there even that many options for LCAs for our cars anyway? I think they are all just OE varients.
Yeah, they're mostly all just the same size as the OE arms. I can't think of any that are used to adjust suspension settings. I suppose you could argue that they're lighter weight but the weight difference is not that much.

Just pick your favorite color/design and install.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So you'll spend up to $400 on control arms but you're on a Raceland budget for coilovers?
^this. Ppl continuing to buy garbage coilovers just further saturates the market with more garbage. Your logic in wanting to buy top dollar control arms instead of investing in the meat and potatoes of your suspension is baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts