Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
toh
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried to wire up something so the high beams would go on the same time the headlights go on. but like the high beams wouldnt be high beams it would just be like a regular headlight. i don't know if i'm saying this right but does anyone understand wah i'm saying. because i have yellow bulbs that replace my high beams and i dunt liek running around with them on bc ppl get pissed cuz they are so bright.

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
has anyone tried to wire up something so the high beams would go on the same time the headlights go on. but like the high beams wouldnt be high beams it would just be like a regular headlight. i don't know if i'm saying this right but does anyone understand wah i'm saying. because i have yellow bulbs that replace my high beams and i dunt liek running around with them on bc ppl get pissed cuz they are so bright.
y the hell would u want to do that?

·
Registered
332 Posts
^yeah I think he wants that *sort of* look ... basically it'd be like the newer civic running light setup (they have it to where the high beams are just dimmed)

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
so you mean a DRL setup..

·
cheeto dusted!
5,057 Posts
English Please. make a FULL statement w/o a crapload of run-ons.

if ur Highbeams are always on and ppl are mad, then turn them off o_O unless u want to adjust ur HIGHbeams to be dimmer, that i dont know how to do. for you to convert ur High beams to low beams, you'd have to swap the low beam housings on to the high beams spot.

besides that im not clear on wth u're trying to do.

·
すごい!!!
1,880 Posts
i think he wants the "look" of a jdm dc2 headlight where the low beams are on and the "yellow" city lights/fog lights are on as well.

i say your best bet is to just go ahead and use your high beams with the yellow bulbs but lower the angle of your beams so as you don't blind other people.

·
ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
4,108 Posts
My brain hurts reading this thread.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
LOL @ this thread.

I'm pretty sure he wants 4 lowbeams (I've thought of this too b/c I don't use my brights ever).

Basically, I think this would involve some retrofitting of new reflector bowls over your high beams. If you look at your lows, they have a reflector bowl that provides an appropriate cutoff... your highs do not have this cutoff so I believe you would need to add this bowl to your highs. You may post this in lighting and HID section and get more replies...

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
how was the first post so hard to understand

blah blah blah ... like the high beams wouldnt be high beams it would just be like a regular headlight... blah blah blah

all you had to do was read the thread title and this one line.

And no. No one has ever done this. Do it and post some pics.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
you can do a city light like me....

that bulb is not what i'm gonna use, its only there for demo. i'm gonna use PIAA ion yellow wedges :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts